• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

front strut compression tool

1971Ginger

Hello, I'm looking for a tool for compressing my bili hd's to install front strut on my car.

Any one got one for sale?

I'm in Santa clara, ca 95050.

Pleasr email, 1971ginger@gmail.com

Thanks

1971- 02-Malaga -(Ginger)- 2nd owner

1973-02- chamonix (sold)

pardon any grammatical errors in my posts, im probably on my cell phone.

I have removed and installed Bilstein HDs and Sports at least a dozen times in the past two years without any special tools, so you shouldn't need a special tool to make this work. Lord knows, however, that I'm a special kind of tool myself, so your mileage may vary.

If you jack up your car and unbolt your anti-sway bars from the control arms, you should be able to compress the Bilstein HD (with the upper strut bearing connected) by putting your weight on the upper end of the strut bearing. Give it a few moments, and the strut will slowly compress until the top of the strut will be low enough to clear the outer fender, allowing you to poke the strut and upper strut bearing under the fender. You will then be able to guide the upper strut bearing up through the hole in the inner fender and secure it with three nuts. Placing some of your weight (or a friend's weight) on the wheel hub may be necessary to get the control arms to drop enough.

Best of luck.

Grice

williamggruff

'76 2002 "Verona" / '12 Fiat 500 Sport "Latte" / '21 Toyota 4Runner TRD Off Road Prem “The Truck”