• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

m10 engine

aalto

The poor m10 engine in my 1972 2002 self destructed 3 months ago throwing a connecting rod through the side of the block. The bottom end is definitely dead and the head is suspect- although i haven't had the opportunity to disassemble and check it out.

Looking for a replacement engine. Although i would prefer to find a 2002 engine with the mechnical fuel pump in the head (my car is currently all stock) I would consider an m10 longblock without the injectors in the head (ie. early 320i or E30 318i engines). Must have a solid bottom end (no rattles) and good compression. Would also consider buying a whole running car if it was local and the right price.

I'm in the Vancouver BC area. I would prefer a local sale but would consider traveling as far as Seattle for the right engine. Also have a friend in Portland who could potentially act as my agent down there. Let me know what you have!