• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB: Roundie 2002 somewhere near NYC

adam89

Hi guys,

Long time lurker finally looking to make the plunge. Looking for a reliable beach/weekend roundie 2002 that won't mind being parked on the streets. Looking for something reliable, 4/5 speed, hopefully a stereo of some ilk, and a little pretty. Not too pretty, but not a total rust-bucket. And something I could keep around for a long time and maybe start doing the restoration projects as time and budget allows...

Something around less than $5k or there abouts.

Thanks!

Adam

adam89:

your requirements and the price range don't match up. expand your search to include square taillight cars and start looking outside the tri-state area.

also might want to consider waiting till the fall when guys are done with their summer toys and more willing to let a nice car go for less cash.

James

'73 2002tii - inka

user1449_pic1108_1255377205.jpg

I can't believe I missed that 1970, I've been searching pretty religiously.

Just talked to him, from the sounds of it there are a lot of rust issues (floor panels nearly rusted through, fenders, doors), needs two rear struts, etc. Shock towers are in good shape according to him.

I'm new to this stuff, but this doesn't sound like a long-term sort of car...