• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

72 tii project car FS near Atlanta

Gordon

The seller wants any offer better than $1600. Looks like it needs a good bit of work.

There is rust in the normal spots rocker panels and underneath.

160K miles. 2nd owner. Bought it in 1973.

Last time seller started it – complained about the fuel injection cylinder 2

was slow to come up to full firing for the past 100,000 miles.

May be a good resto for someone... A bit too much work for me I think. I have some pics if anyone is interested.

My 2002 was manufactured on September 15th, 1971 and delivered on October 22nd, 1971 to the BMW importer Hoffman Motors Corp. in New York City. The original colour was Granada, paint code 023. It was sold on New Years Eve December 31st 1971.

Hi Psymon, did they have a telephone number that you could send me? I've attempted contact through Craigslist but thought I would try calling.

Sorry no phone number. I think the seller has been overwhelmed with response.

My 2002 was manufactured on September 15th, 1971 and delivered on October 22nd, 1971 to the BMW importer Hoffman Motors Corp. in New York City. The original colour was Granada, paint code 023. It was sold on New Years Eve December 31st 1971.

All interested in the 1972 BMW 2002 tii

I am overwhelmed with the number of folks interested in my father’s car. It has

been parked in a garage at a retirement home in Duluth for 7 years. I need to find

those who really have an interest and have the cash money before we go through

the gates and see the BMW. So I have set up a site at FLICKR.com that has more

pictures.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/65389056@N04/

Based upon questions asked, here is information.

1. Father purchased car in 1973 with 12,000 miles from a German co-worker who

used it in auto rallies in Europe. There are included detailed records on each tank

of gas purchased including date, cost, amount and anything other done to the

car. This continued until he brought it to Atlanta and the traffic scared him – so

his grandson used it for two years and returned it. Detailed 500 page 3 ring repair

manual is included.

2. There is rust in the normal spots rocker panels and underneath, but I am told

it is normal for this car. This car is for someone who really wants to restore a

2002 and has the energy and cash to get it done and then would enjoy owning a

unique vintage car. Doubtful one could refurbish and sell it at a profit.

3. Mileage is around 160,000 miles

4. No battery is included – so Pop would not drive it.

5. Last time he started it – he complained about the fuel injection cylinder 2

was always slow to come up to full firing for the past 100,000 miles

6. Estate appraiser listed the car at $2,000 - so I am taking the best offer greater

than $1600.

7. Interior is really pretty good

8. It has a Sunroof and of course no air conditioning has been added.

Pittsburgh, PA

67.5 Datsun Roadster

72 2002 Colorado

89 325ix

99 318ti

04 x5 3.0

WHAT?! This is so irritating.

I called on the car and spoke to the original owner's son. He said he couldn't show the car until 8 Monday night. He made it sound like he could not even access the car until then. I said no problem, see you then. I also told him if anything changes just give me a call and I can see it at any time. He then explained that there should be several of us there seeing the car. So he made it sound like an auction or bid situation.

I had also explained I recently bought my first 02 and my whole family has really enjoyed the new project. And since I've been talking about it at work, I have a co-worker thinking about an 02 for her son. I had been telling her about the FAQ'er over in Athens who started his project while a teenager, she thought it was great and a good idea for her son.

So I was thinking I would pick up the Tii and sell my current project to my co-worker once I had completed an item or two. My current project is not a Tii AND my wife actually likes the green color of this estate sale one. So I thought it might be a good opportunity.

On Monday I drive 30+ minutes to Duluth in a terrible storm with wife and kids who are all fired up about the possibility (how many guys can say that?). You have to check in at a desk of this retirement home. As soon as I step up, at 8 on the nose, the receptionist says "the car is gone".

So I took a few minutes to cool down. Then I called the seller and asked him what the deal was. He said someone got their first "and offered WAY too much money for it". I simply said the whole way it was handled was not cool. If you're going to sell it to the first person who shows up with cash that's fine but prior he had made it sound like several of us would there to bid on it.

Not all was lost, there was a good ice cream place near by....

'72 Atlantik (RIP)

'02 E46 xiT with MT!

'67 Beetle

'69 Westy

WHAT?! This is so irritating.

I called on the car and spoke to the original owner's son. He said he couldn't show the car until 8 Monday night. He made it sound like he could not even access the car until then. I said no problem, see you then. I also told him if anything changes just give me a call and I can see it at any time. He then explained that there should be several of us there seeing the car. So he made it sound like an auction or bid situation.

I had also explained I recently bought my first 02 and my whole family has really enjoyed the new project. And since I've been talking about it at work, I have a co-worker thinking about an 02 for her son. I had been telling her about the FAQ'er over in Athens who started his project while a teenager, she thought it was great and a good idea for her son.

So I was thinking I would pick up the Tii and sell my current project to my co-worker once I had completed an item or two. My current project is not a Tii AND my wife actually likes the green color of this estate sale one. So I thought it might be a good opportunity.

On Monday I drive 30+ minutes to Duluth in a terrible storm with wife and kids who are all fired up about the possibility (how many guys can say that?). You have to check in at a desk of this retirement home. As soon as I step up, at 8 on the nose, the receptionist says "the car is gone".

So I took a few minutes to cool down. Then I called the seller and asked him what the deal was. He said someone got their first "and offered WAY too much money for it". I simply said the whole way it was handled was not cool. If you're going to sell it to the first person who shows up with cash that's fine but prior he had made it sound like several of us would there to bid on it.

Not all was lost, there was a good ice cream place near by....

That is irritating...but maybe you dodged a bullet. It did seem to have a good bit of rust in all the right places...rockers, shock towers, floors etc..it did look like a solid project that would take considerable money to bring back.

The person that "bought" it and is looking to sell it maybe is not making a $1k profit at $2500. Maybe that is what he paid for it since the original seller said the buyer paid way too much. I don't know, maybe the buyer got too excited and made a impulse buy as suggested by his ad. You could always offer the current seller what you were thinking of offering in the first place and see what he says. The car still is in the same place and everything. Not all is lost if you are interested in that car. Let us know how it goes.

Well, looks like the ad has been deleted.

No worries. I'm really enjoying the project car that I have. I picked up some nice, free sheet metal yesterday. I'm learning how to weld and will repair floor rust in the next couple of days. I'm really fired up about that.

'72 Atlantik (RIP)

'02 E46 xiT with MT!

'67 Beetle

'69 Westy