• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

VOLUNTEERS WANTED: Monthly Print Newsletter/Publication

cxzsaq

Do you have a proofreader or editor yet? If not, I would like to volunteer for that. I'm not really interested in writing, I do a ton of that at work already.

I'm new to 02 ownership and the Forum so I'm not proficient at fact checking yet but I'm improving on that all the time.

'72 Atlantik (RIP)

'02 E46 xiT with MT!

'67 Beetle

'69 Westy

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I, too, think it sounds like a good idea. And, I am one of those who likes a hard copy by mail.

r.napier@mchsi.com

Bob Napier

Bob, do you want to volunteer your time to this project or were you interested in subscribing to the newsletter? thanks.

Do you have a proofreader or editor yet? If not, I would like to volunteer for that. I'm not really interested in writing, I do a ton of that at work already.

I'm new to 02 ownership and the Forum so I'm not proficient at fact checking yet but I'm improving on that all the time.

Perfect. please register at the teambox site or give me your email so i can send you an invite. proofreaders are always wanted and we dont have an official one.

thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

You haven't talked about who owns the content, and how do you make sure you use content that protects copyrights. You can't grab photos off the web if you have something of an historic nature without a potential problem with permission for example. You can't scan old magazines or ads without permission. You might have an article that maybe "The Roundel" might want to reprint. Does the author/photographer retain all rights to re-sell to them, or what? What rights do you have?

Food for thought.

• 2 weeks later...
You haven't talked about who owns the content, and how do you make sure you use content that protects copyrights. You can't grab photos off the web if you have something of an historic nature without a potential problem with permission for example. You can't scan old magazines or ads without permission. You might have an article that maybe "The Roundel" might want to reprint. Does the author/photographer retain all rights to re-sell to them, or what? What rights do you have?

Food for thought.

These are great points. I do hope that none of the contributors will sue me for their content and pictures. You are right that we cant just take pics off the internet and claim it as ours - so im hoping that we will take our own shots.

Rights are a little unclear here so we may publish under the Creative Commons license - maybe cc by attribution.

• 3 weeks later...