• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nameless Performance Radiator Reviews?

Colin

For what it's worth, any new radiator or recored is better than your worn radiator. I've been doing a lot of reading on radiators on the forum. Seems to me there's a few truths from what i've read:

- stock radiators are old and worn. needs to be replaced with a new one or recore'd

- if rebuilt or a new one purchased, a 3rd row (core) is more desirable

- seems to me people are very happy with the silicon garage radiator, but it is pricey. but then again, so is an engine rebuild.

- you can have your radiator rebuilt for much less than you think. Call around. I'm having mine rebuilt for $225.

- Larger radiators like the one I bought (I believe its a 320i radiator from Racetep) from a forum member require some hacking and fab work. I wish that was made more clear to me at the point of purchase---lesson learned. It's been a gigantic pain in the ass and I am not happy having to do so. In my opinion, better to get a stock sized radiator that's been recored or buy one like the Silicon one---direct bolt on fit is so much easier than hacking and custom bracketing. It's worth the money to pay for a stock size radiator.

- Electric fans seems to be a good option for many. I am installing one mounted as a pusher.

I live in florida and run either water wetter ( redline ) or purple ice (royal purple) in my tii w/ stock radiator and have no issues with running hot (and its freakn hot here). Both products change the viscosity of the water and will significantly reduce water temps.

+1 on all of the above. I think BauvAuto in NH sells a 320 radiator w/ a kit to fit the '02..... AAAAAND don't forget the 71C thermostat...

.…”Set the gearshift for the high gear of your soul...You've got to run like an antelope: out of control…”

- 1974 2002 Atlantikblau sunroof

Dimensionally the 320i radiator is wider. Please someone correct me if I'm wrong here. But if its true that the radiator I have is the 320i rad, it is wider and worse yet, has a side exit. The side exit adds additional width to the rad, thereby forcing you to cut.a small prtion of the battery tray to accomodate the width of not only the rad itself, but the 90 deg bottom outlet hose.

I mention this fitment issue above so that the OP and others make sure that whatver you buy (if not stock rad), make sure theinlet and outlet are rear facing.

Bob

Anyone have any feedback on the Nameless Performance radiator?

Hot topic... there's some reference to nameless from these discussions just a couple weeks ago... sounds like a nice product.

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,57/page,viewtopic/t,360340/highlight,nameless/

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,57/page,viewtopic/t,359076/highlight,nameless/

Rob

1966 Mustang vert - 5.0EFI/AOD & mods

1975 '02 - the typical upgrades (my 'new' car)

I've got the nameless rad and I like it, my engine runs a tad cooler than my previous (newish) 320 rad. I was able to mount it using my stock locations and had room to keep my stock fan.

- Project 67' 1600-2

- Pig Cheek 71' 1602

Here are some photos of mine:

https://picasaweb.google.com/yurovsky/NPParts?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCMO6tZqwtbnL0wE&feat=directlink

It's probably the nicest part on our otherwise very ratty car ; )

The main things for me were:

- fits properly on the factory mounting

- clears the stock radiator fan

- all new and has a nice drain for coolant flushes

- stock hoses attach in the right places

- solved all our cooling problems

Here are some photos of mine:

https://picasaweb.google.com/yurovsky/NPParts?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCMO6tZqwtbnL0wE&feat=directlink

It's probably the nicest part on our otherwise very ratty car ; )

The main things for me were:

- fits properly on the factory mounting

- clears the stock radiator fan

- all new and has a nice drain for coolant flushes

- stock hoses attach in the right places

- solved all our cooling problems

That's what I am looking for. Thanks for the relevant feedback. =)

his ti found a local radiator shop who could recore his stock 2002 radiator with a three row core--I had mine done a few months later. IIRC the core we used then was a RADAC 26--the number may have changed.

That radiator is still in my car, performing just fine and looking stock. Yesterday it was 95 here, I was running the A/C, have an 80 degree 'stat, and my temp gauge was reading the same as it does with the A/C off and 60 degree air temp--that is just a little above 3 o'clock on the gauge.

I rest my case.

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

his ti found a local radiator shop who could recore his stock 2002 radiator with a three row core--I had mine done a few months later. IIRC the core we used then was a RADAC 26--the number may have changed.

That radiator is still in my car, performing just fine and looking stock. Yesterday it was 95 here, I was running the A/C, have an 80 degree 'stat, and my temp gauge was reading the same as it does with the A/C off and 60 degree air temp--that is just a little above 3 o'clock on the gauge.

I rest my case.

mike

I appreciate the feedback but was interested specially in the Nameless Performance product for a few very specific reasons (my stock radiator is not a good enough candidate to be re-cored and my 320i unit has the plastic tanks which I do not like.) I am not arguing about the various merits of different cooling solutions, rather, I wanted to get first hand feedback of the one specific product.

I love mine. Direct bolt in and works with stock rad hoses. I am using IE hose kit. Looks great and keeps the car nice and cool using stock fan. It is built by guys that are cool to talk to on the phone and is a US made product at a competitive price.

All of the posts lately make me wonder if my temp gauge is working correctly. I have what works out to be a completely stock (cooling system included) rat rod. Today was the hottest day of the year in New England (until tomorrow) and the needle barely touched the halfway point.

I suppose the caveat is that I have a 50mph country-road commute for work.

Regardless, the stock cooling system, properly maintained, is enough to keep my car cool given my driving conditions.

~Rob

'73 2002 Warmbold Rally Car Imitator

'89 325i Time Capsule

All of the posts lately make me wonder if my temp gauge is working correctly. I have what works out to be a completely stock (cooling system included) rat rod. Today was the hottest day of the year in New England (until tomorrow) and the needle barely touched the halfway point.

I suppose the caveat is that I have a 50mph country-road commute for work.

Regardless, the stock cooling system, properly maintained, is enough to keep my car cool given my driving conditions.

I think your thermostat is stuck open ; ) Check that first.

mine didn't directly fit my 4 stock holes... but it seems nice. Have yet to really give it a good run since I can't get my car rolling yet, but looks so nice

865.jpg

864.jpg

860.jpg

had to make new mounting holes.

862.jpg

Still is very well constructed I had to wait something like 3 weeks for it, but worth it overall.