• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

4 door 02 ok, Bavaria few more pics added

AndyS

My buddy Greg had been building me a super bav in his spare time from alot of stuff I still had in NC over the last few years. A few months ago the began stripping was looked like a great body for paint. Right rear qtr into the rear panel was geficked and had a couple inches of bondo. I found a promising Bavaria with some spare parts for cheap in TN. I Already had a rusted out bav parts car from the Lars Anderson Museum. Anyway, the car gets there Greg calls me at like 11pm and says he will not hack it up to make the superbavaria because it is way to nice. 100813 miles on it. It had been in storage for 20 years. So, long story short, I don't get a super bav and my wife gets a refurbished(didn't need restoration) 1972 Bavaria with auto and air(added seat heaters for her skinny butt)Original interior.

bavaria.jpg

E3.jpg

015-2.jpg

016-2.jpg

017-3.jpg

018-1.jpg

019-1.jpg

020-1.jpg

021.jpg

022.jpg

023.jpg

024.jpg

E3's are awesome, I've owned two 73 Bavaria's and now I own a 70 Euro spec 2800 http://www.coupeking.com/product_id-407.html Both my Bavaria's originally came with autotragics but both were converted to manual gearboxes, one a 4 speed, the other a 5 speed. They are so much more fun to drive with a manual gearbox. Just let your wife drive it till the autotragic dies then do a 5 speed conversion. I have a set of old school 15" BBS RA wheels that I'm going to put on this car. It's hard to find decent tires in the original size (195/70-14) anymore unless you want a tire geared toward a Camry owner. For more info on E3's, join the senior six email list.

G-Man

74 tii (many mods)
91 318i M42

07 4Runner

my first introduction to BMWs. My roommate at school in 1974 had a '73 Bavaria in Colorado. What a machine. My wife would positively kill me, but I would love to find a decent one. Better not, I'm pretty sure I'd be killed.

Don

Don

1973 Sahara # too long ago, purchased in 1978 sold in 1984

1973 Chamonix # 2589243 Katrina Victim, formerly in the good sawzall hands of Baikal.2002 and gone to heaven.

1973 Inka # 2587591 purchased from Mike McCurdy, Dec 2007

My wife would positively kill me, but I would love to find a decent one. Better not, I'm pretty sure I'd be killed.

Don

Bav's have a pretty big trunk. All the better for her to hide your body.

Better not.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

Sweet looking car. Love that color. I remember when I bought my 3.0 csi back in the early 90's my mechanic trying to talk me out of buying it saying "the coupe is just a Bavaria with a pretty skin."

John

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️

My wife would positively kill me, but I would love to find a decent one. Better not, I'm pretty sure I'd be killed.

Don

Bav's have a pretty big trunk. All the better for her to hide your body.

Better not.

You are so right. I had a Chevelle Laguna at the time, basically a one small suitcase trunk. I was blown away by the Bavaria trunk. If I remember correctly we snuck two guys into a drive in movie in the trunk.

Ah the memories!!!

Don

Don

1973 Sahara # too long ago, purchased in 1978 sold in 1984

1973 Chamonix # 2589243 Katrina Victim, formerly in the good sawzall hands of Baikal.2002 and gone to heaven.

1973 Inka # 2587591 purchased from Mike McCurdy, Dec 2007

They feel the same to me. I sold my coupe a few years ago, but have my bastard child 2000C on the road.

Andy,

Just an FYI, I recently transplanted the Scheel seats from your ex-truck (via Esty) into my coupe. They worked out pretty good. My semi-fat butt barely fits. I'm going to work on restoring the original seats just in case. They must have been made for your wife? ;-)

Take it easy,

John

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️

I love my Bavaria. E3's are, I think, the best BMWs ever made.

The E3's look like they have good leg room in the back. I know in my coupe that there's almost no leg room in the back. That combined with the 4-doors makes them a lot more functional. I've always like them...

and Golf too... Sweet cars

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️

Roadster will require John's welding skills. It has already been on the sketchboard.

005-2.jpg

John, the seats didn't fit me very well either, but they looked damned cool. I actually bought them off Jaime M a few years ago.