• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Car is rolling forward at a stoplight

CapeCodJohn

Hello, My 72 roundie wants to roll forward when I am at a stoplight in first gear with the clutch pedal fully depressed. Transmission works very well, new clutch master cylinder, no synchro problems, etc.

Any ideas on why this is happening? Someone in my office mentioned the throw out bearing........

Thanks.

JP on Cape Cod.

74 2002 auto

73 2002

72 2002

76 2002

72 2002 - my midlife crisis car

It must be air in the system. I have been seeing some leakage. Air could be getting in that way. Clutch works perfectly, just creeps. In some ways this is a good problem to have since I have not taught the 18 and 19 year old Sons to drive the car as a result of this problem.......probably saving my car's life.......

74 2002 auto

73 2002

72 2002

76 2002

72 2002 - my midlife crisis car

I had an Anglia Gasser with a GMC 6 cylinder & a Muncie 4 speed, old history car & that would red light me clutch depressed & creep !! the flywheel maker didn't give enough clearance to the clutch (aluminum flywheel ) as it got hot the gap closed & it would creep with my foot still on the clutch. Only when I blew a clutch & inspected what was gong on is when I caught the error !!!.

1970 4 speed 2002 (Daily driver/track car ) 
1974  Hybrid powered twin cam engine, Pig Cheeks , ( now a round tail.) Getting ready to Sell 

Same thing happened to me before my 5 speed swap. I about crapped! It only happened from time to time. And also my shifts got more difficult to the point that I thought my syncros were going bad.. But when I took the 4 speed out, I found that the snap ring holding in the slave had somehow come out of its groove and was being slowly pushed back by the tension on the clutch lever..

Take a quick look at that before you crack the lines open.

608de1fe.jpg

2002 newbie, and dead serious about it.
(O=o00o=O)
Smart Audio Products for your 2002