• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Manila color sticker now available again

calw

At the last Bay Area '02 show, I asked Ben from La Jolla Independent for a Manila color sticker. He opened a brief case full of repro stickers to make sure - alas, no Manila.

Instead, he offered the next best thing. If I would send in an old one, he would have some made to add to their stock. I sent in my badly decayed and misshapen original, A few weeks later the sticker in the photo came back in the mail. They worked that computer magic from the original, and it's now available again.

My Manila 68 1600 is now painted Colorado instead. in the interest of full disclosure, I wanted to put the correct sticker in the engine bay along with a Colorado one showing the current color, and THANKS to Ben that is possible!

post-1825-13667646254565_thumb.jpg

A very good point, Les. I wonder when the font changed to the newer non-italic style.

The newer style is what was used on the "Colorado" sticker I also got from Ben, and I don't mind at all since my color-changed paint is also newer! But if you want to correctly label an early car the italic style font is what you need. To stock every single one would be a big job.

I should really mention that I really appreciate Ben having the Manila stickers made because I doubt the world is gonna beat down his door for one. It's not like needing the correct part for your 100 points Turbo restoration, there are just not that many people painting the color these days.