• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

74 baur - rusty underneath

jmon0261

I just saw my old Baur for sale on ebay. The car is originally from Belgium and is being misrepresented by the seller. If you look at the undercarage it is a patchwork quilt of metal repair. Under the back seat and carpet it is very rusty when I owned it around 2006. If you bought this car you need to take it apart and do extensive structural reconstruction. I would not recomend buying this car. The guy I sold it to is a BMW mechanic and sure it runs well. Looks to be a dealer selling the car now.

The picture is from when I owned it- I had pictures of the rust and was up front about its condition. I sold it for 2500 at the time. This car is a money pit and should be avoided

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270788392723

post-524-13667646361455_thumb.jpg

Joseph O'Neil

73 02 - Polaris - 2587250

67 2000 TiLux- Chamonix - 1451152

The longer this goes on the more outraged I am. Now at $7400 with the reserve not met.

I asked him these questions and see how he responds.

Is there any rust under the back seat or floor boards. Has the underside been patched ? Do you have any pictures of the underside of the car?

Here is how the seller describes this car

it does not have any major rust ,just some surface rust (look at pictures) on the quarter panels ,this is a 37 years old classic car which has not been restored so keep in mind please.

do not assume anything please.

this is a california car and has a california title ,,,,you must do your research before bidding ,you must do the inspection before bidding,i will not allow any inspection after the auction ends ,,,after all this is a 37 years old classic car that it's in original condition

Joseph O'Neil

Here is his response.

Dear jmon0261,

Hello,i have not raise the car to see what is going on under the car but from what i can see it does not have any rust,these cars usually rust out the shock towers and this one is free of rust on those area .

- classicpro26

Joseph O'Neil

• 4 weeks later...