• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is the "flat rate" to R & R an engine?

EcoAuto

This garage is the only game in town for Porsches, Land Rovers, Volvos BMW and Jags (none of which have factory dealers near here) and we usually wait 4-6 weeks just to get an appointment. It's a supply and demand issue (Not to mention snow pack on the roads from December to May).

Are you talking about AutoWorks in FourCorners? They might be worth checking into if you haven't already.

Yep, that's where my car is now and where I got the estimate of 20 hours for the engine R&R.

With the mysterious and sudden departure of Bill Martin,

my old school, BMW factory trained mechanic and friend who loved 02s and under charged me $30 an hour to work on mine, Auto Works is the next best option. But Bill let me work on my car in his garage, and provided mentoring / tech support when I needed help.

Now Tim Fountaine @ AutoWorks is the only real game in town with experience working on 02's. He has a very good rep among local Volvo, MB, Land Rover, Jag, Porsche owners and is consequently both expensive and in demand, with 4-8 weeks average just to get your car in for an appointment.

Im confident he'll be doing a great job on my car and I will report back on the cost of the R & R if anyone is interested.

Ron Gompertz

Bozeman, MT
74 BMW 2002tii
Fjord # 037 / blue interior