• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ANPAC - Classic Car Insurance company

wh400

Hi,

Has anyone out there ever used ANPAC for insuring their car? They are similar to a Hagerty's however they have programs that allow up to 12,000 miles per year on your car. I drive my '74 most days so the Hagerty's of the world don't work for me. And Allstate, while not expensive, isn't super cheap either so I am considering ANPAC.

Their website is www.anpac.com

Any information is welcomed.

Thanks - John G.

Former owner of Ivory, first 02, 74 base Chamonix Automatch with AC

Former owner of Ebony, '76 Schwarz, never missed a Grateful Dead concert

You drive new cars, you experience an '02

HAGERTY's DOES NOT HAVE A MILEAGE RESTRICTION ON THEIR POLICIES .

THEY DON'T WANT THEM USED AS A DAILY DRIVERS BUT YOU CAN DRIVE AS MUCH AS YOU LIKE

PROVIDED YOU KEEP THE CAR LOCKED IN A GARAGE & DON'T ACTUALLY GO ANYWHERE .

Hagerty wouldn't insure my Touring because I stated I took it shopping once in a while to keep it running. Called them to explain but got a real snotty woman who wasn't interested...so...neither was I then.

Edit: almost forgot - I sent them pictures of the car under my carport and they also said they wouldn't cover it as it was not in a locked garage. I told the woman that I have a garage but they wouldn't see the car in the pic if it was in the garage. I think that's when she got real short with me.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

I had a similar experience. I was up front and told them that I have a daily car but that I do plan to drive this car regularly, which included driving to work on occasion. They said 'Sorry, it doesn't qualify'. I know I could 'lie' and say that I don't drive it to work, but then if I do have an accident and they find out it could cost me a lot of money (not so much for the car but for property and medical) so I figure I will pay the extra $400 a year to insure through Allstate.

I figured I would check with others on this.

Many have said that Grundy is much more liberal. I have read their policy requirements and they state 'We like to drive cars and as long as it is for pleasure use we cover it' or something like that. So, the question is, I really enjoy driving my car to work, is that considered pleasure use? :-)

Former owner of Ivory, first 02, 74 base Chamonix Automatch with AC

Former owner of Ebony, '76 Schwarz, never missed a Grateful Dead concert

You drive new cars, you experience an '02