• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aluminum Panel Interior Progress - pictures

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Spent some time in the garage this weekend cutting and trimming interior pieces for the 02. What a pain in the ass. The air nibbler doesn't work all that great. I ended up using shears and a dremel with MANY cutting discs. You can see on the rear seat piece where the shears pinched the aluminum leaving creases in it. I hope to get this all smoothed out before final install (Pictures are just testing fit). I am very happy with how the rear piece with the bends turned out. The holes in the rear are for the rear mounting points for my cage.

Interior2.JPG

Interior4.JPG

Once everything is fitted I'll scuff the aluminum with a light sander (keeping it polished is not feasible) and then most likely clear powder coat them before final install (rivet with foam behind).

Todd

'68 project

Guest Anonymous

usually on the track you want to keep wieght to a minimum. I know a couple sheets of aluminum dont weigh much, but remember ounces add up to pounds.

Guest Anonymous

I helped my brother make an 0.60 Aluminum sunroof for an M-coupe today, talk about time consuming. Your interior looks great, what size aluminum did you use? Have you thought of forming some reinforcements into the metal, not like the cars need the strenth but it would look pretty cool. Good luck with your project!