• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need buying guidance on a 2002

austinmf

Looking at my first 2002... HATE THE COLOR... like the AC as it is friggin hot in Texas. Hate that the fuel injection was removed.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330577592189&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEDWX%3AIT

Thoughts... I am being told under 6000.... I am comfortable at 5000....This will be a garaged daily driver....almost daily.....

offered $5500 with a 6 month warranty...as a BMW shop is selling it.

lows.. shifter feels like mush and is floppy... AC was installed by them but is amazingly cold. pedals are hard to get to... the gas pedal is under the ac unit and I can barely get my foot on the gas and sometimes hit the brake. It was not nearly as peppy as I thought it would be.... and it has a distributor cap...

Thoughts????

FOR SALE-----74 2002tii 2782194 Turkis, Megasquirt, Korman road sport springs, Bilstein HD shocks, 13" FPS Bottle Caps

Seems like a nice car and a solid entry point into 02s with a 5 speed and working AC. I wouldn't worry too much about the carb conversion....tuning and maintaining a tii can be a headache it seems. (tii owners, feel free to shout at me)

Just don't paint the car orange or something---it would look freaky nasty unless you are stripping and paining the whole kaboodle, and if this is your plan, I'd find another car in a color you like better.

Appreciate it for it's strong points and drive the heck out of it.

B

--> 1968 2002 <--

well known in the BMW community and, according to a coworker who lived in that area, has a good reputation, so you're starting out dealing with a reputable seller.

I'd agree with the other posted comments regarding the color - there are enough decent '02's around that if you really don't like the color, you may be better off looking for a different car.

As to the pedal / ac clearance issues, you may want to look at the console side panels to see if there's any way to get a bit more foot room - that looks like a significantly wider than stock console that was probably part of an aftermarket a/c installation, so there may be some way to move things around or modify the side panel so your right foot doesn't get hung up on it.

Barry Allen
'69 Sunroof - sold
'82 E21 (daily driver), '82 633CSi (wife's driver) - both sold
66 Chevy Nova wagon (yard & parts hauler)

Well, I pulled the trigger on it... they are touching up a few things mainly the console.... I did not realize the console was so big. It does intrude into the pedals ALOT....

Anyway, look forward to contributing and conspiring... Surprise was it already has a 320 alternator.... good news as I was planning on dropping a 318 into it immediately.

It has no radio though... any recommendations? Would love an old blaupunkt with an MP3 interface. Is that possible?

FOR SALE-----74 2002tii 2782194 Turkis, Megasquirt, Korman road sport springs, Bilstein HD shocks, 13" FPS Bottle Caps