• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Painting of Vinyl Seats (paint brand referrals wanted)

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I have a set of maroon to red seats that I want beige/tan to better match my interior. Where is this Baxter's place? I don't recognize it here in the Midwest.

Chuck

Guest Anonymous

IT was like CMD or PTC or something, i dunno. I got it at Baxter's auto parts. IT was called a vinyl dye. I was veryy happy with it but you have to be really carefull. Do lots and lots of LIGHT coats so that the vinyl can soak it up. Otherwise it makes wierd runs and texture. ANyway I was really happy with it. It turned the Tan colors vinyl on my seats really red, (which was the idea).

Emery

Guest Anonymous

I promise this is the last time I will ask about this. I am Colorplus coloring for the leather portions of my seats but would like to just paint the vinyl portions of the seat with a Sherwin Williams/Rustoleum/SEM type product to keep costs down. What brand(s) of vinyl paint have people used on their vinyl seats and what results did you have? Ckeefer, I know you painted your leather seats with rustoleum I believe, but has anyone else used any other similar products?

TIA

Chuck

Guest Anonymous

But red was my favorite color and the centers of the seat were black so I thought, and still do, it would look pretty bad ass. Anyway, I am in Oregon and there are lots of Baxter's around here. I don't know how much luck you will have going to a lighter color from a darker one though. You might want to reconsider. Definatly do a test patch on the bottom of the seat first!