• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How Do You Use Your 02?

ClayW

How Do You Use Your 02?  

116 members have voted

1. 1. How Do You Use Your 02?

• Shows, events and weekend drives
    • Shows and events only (possibly on a trailer)
    • Daily driver.......yeah.
    • Track car/ Terrifying my neighbors
    • I will let you know when it is roadworthy
    • I never drive it; I just rub it with a diaper.

My '73 is a daily driver and still my only (insured and running) car but since I "restored" it a couple years ago I won't park it in crappy parts of town and am very nervous about leaving it parallel-parked on the street. So, it is actually less useful than it used to be when I didn't worry much about another ding or scratch. Also, "daily" is more like only a couple days a week since I usually carpool to work. And absolutely no snow days any more, unless there's a dire need.

Well, maybe it has become an underground-parking princess...

Restored? Post some pictures, Zenon!

ClayW
1967 1600-2 - M42 - 1521145          Follow my project at www.TX02.blogspot.com          E30 DD Project Blog

Travel thousands of miles to 'shows' and 'tours' to be with other 02 people who are just as 'crazy' as me, if not more so.

Other than that I drive the hell out of it every chance I get and there is a lot of hell to be driven out.

Andrew Wilson
Vern- 1973 2002tii, https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/blog/304-andrew-wilsons-vern-restoration/ 
Veronika- 1968 1600 Cabriolet, Athena- 1973 3.0 CSi,  Rodney- 1988 M5, The M3- 1997 M3,

The Unicorn- 2007 X3, Julia- 2007 Z4 Coupe, Ophelia- 2014 X3, Herman- 1914 KisselKar 4-40

Currently it's a placeholder in my driveway awaiting me to devote the time and effort it deserves. Admittedly, driving and autocrossing my FFR Cobra is soooo darn engaging.....

Major work on the car to start later this month. Stay tuned.

-SkidMarc

She does about 12 miles per day weekdays (unless the roads are wet/salty, in which case I don't feel the need to tempt rust demons further), and at least one good back road run over the weekend.

- Justin

1973 2002tii

The toolbox is where truth and contentment lie... -James May

It's a money storage container. I throw money into it but it doesn't seem to do anything else. Just sits there in my garage.

HA! I feel your pain Brotha.

John

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades

The poll won't let me select multiple uses.

Daily driver, some weekend drives, some car shows, all vintage rallies, hauling for Lowes/Home Depot runs, etc...

+1

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours