• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB:Tii

jb88

I am going to chime in confirming the 318is arguments. I have had mine for 10 years, it has been super reliable and I drive it HARD. It has 160K miles and I just took it a canyon run a week ago. 180 miles at 6500 RPM and it did not miss a beat. It's the one I enjoy the most as a daily driver too. It has the feel a 2002 but also has good foul-weather practicality. (Lights, wipers, defroster, AC)

318is don't have serious "things to watch for." They had problems with the original profile gaskets but all of them have been replaced with the upgraded gaskets by now.

No timing belts, no distributors, no valve adjustments, the M42 is also low on maintenance requirements. They do like their coolant replaced regularly like most BMWs.

The M44 started in 1996.

Pierre

O==00==O

69 2002 (M20), 74 tii, 76 533i, 79 323i, 80 732i, 84 323i (S50) 91 318is, 96 318ti (S52), 97 Z3, 02 330i, 03 525iT, 02 R1150 RTP.
Auxiliary Lamp Brackets  Kamei Reproduction Front Air Dam

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...