• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone hear sail? My new toy! (SOT)

jrhone

The wife and I just got an AMAZING deal on a "vintage" sailboat. It's a 30 foot WD Schock Santana 30. Friends of ours found a bigger boat and wanted to sell it fast. Here is a pic of it out of the water getting painted and getting it serviced. it's a 1975. If I had this in 1976 with my car I would look like a millionaire. Lol...

web.jpg

1976 BMW 2002 Fjord Blue Ireland Stage II • Bilstein Sports • Ireland Headers • Weber 38 • 292 Cam • 9.5:1 Pistons • 123Tune Bluetooth 15" BBS

2018 BMW M550i X-Drive

1964 Volvo Amazon Wagon
http://www.project2002.com

Oh yeah big sailor here.. we have a 30 ft rawson 1969

im in venice boat is marina dl rey..

ever wanna sail let me know

cheers

and

congrats

I'd love to! I have alot to learn so crewing on a few outings would be very cool. My boat is in Newport Beach but I'd swing up that way....

1976 BMW 2002 Fjord Blue Ireland Stage II • Bilstein Sports • Ireland Headers • Weber 38 • 292 Cam • 9.5:1 Pistons • 123Tune Bluetooth 15" BBS

2018 BMW M550i X-Drive

1964 Volvo Amazon Wagon
http://www.project2002.com

Yep, over 20 years also on the Chesapeake, out of Deltaville. Previously owned a J-29 and a C&C 35. I continue to race with Fishing Bay Yacht club. Crewing is a lot cheaper than owning.

Good luck with the Santana. I like the lines and the fin keel. Fiberglass boats built before 79 tend to be very rugged. Interested in details....sail inventory, auxillary power, hull speed, etc.

cheers,

Michael

73tii

My Dad got into sailing big time during his last assignment at Eglin AFB. We started out small with a Sunfish, moved up to an ODay Mariner and then finally to an 8 Meter S2. Many enjoyable hours spent on the water.

Earl

74 02Lux

02 M Roadster

72 Volvo 1800ES

74 02Lux

15 M235i

72 Volvo 1800ES

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- George Orwell

I love sailing as well. Been sailing for over 35 years. I have a vintage 1976 O'Day 27. Your boat is a real classic. Best of luck with it.

1974 2002tii Restored (Original Owner) #2782393
2013 Porsche C4S Cab (Original Owner)
BMW CCA #23777

I had an Olson 25 that I raced in SF Bay and a little in the ocean. We have lots of wind up here making for some fun rides.

Just remember though:

The second happiest day is when you buy your boat.

The happiest is when you sell it. I sold the boat when I bought the house.

hull sloop shortly after moving to Santa Barbara in 1958 when I was 10 - they knew nothing about boats or sailing, started with the wrong boat and didn't stick with it, but it was enough to give me the bug.

They bought my brothers and me a series of small sailboats over the next 10 years - got away from it when I went into the military, then to college, and ended up inland - had a couple Hobie cat lake boats, but still miss salt water sailing.

Barry Allen
'69 Sunroof - sold
'82 E21 (daily driver), '82 633CSi (wife's driver) - both sold
66 Chevy Nova wagon (yard & parts hauler)

1966 24' Wayfarer berthed in Oakland. Pretty much a ghetto boat when I got it. Love the boat and it has been a constant source of joy but between berthing, haul outs, rigging, outboards, it probably costs me $3000/year in upkeep. Irony is the boat is probably worth $200 after all this if I included a working outboard! :)

In the Great Lakes region we have salt on our roads and rust on our cars. In the coastal areas you have salt in your water and rust on your boats. Did some various sailing over the years and prefer hot rod small catamarans. Lake Michigan can be a real blast on the right day. We even surf here.

Ahlem

'76 2002

'90 M3

'90 535i 5 speed

'89 325is '91 318is

'87 325is