• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Too hot in Texas

pkbinplano

Paul,

4th hottest July as far as record keeping has been going on; can't believe Dallas area has had over 40 straight days of over 100 temps, that is just brutal. At least here in western NY , the heat broke last week, in the 70's for the extended outlook as well.

Tim

I hear you.

I'm looking at Seneca Lake (just south of you Tim). Just had a light rain, and temp is in the upper 60's. Ahhhhhh......

I don't think it's rained a drop back home.

Miss my cars - don't miss the heat.

Ken

FAQ Member # 2616

"What do you mean NEXT project?"

-- My wife.

Ken,

That's a nice area; don't want to rush the fall, but fall wine tours upcoming around Seneca Lake as well; Keuka and the rest of the finger lakes too. I also miss having an '02 and miss the 4 door NK 2000, great cars to take a drive around the finger lakes area.

Tim

Haven't driven my 02 in over a month. Depressing.

I'm with you Paul... We have had over 110 heat indexes for several weeks.

I did get to drive a couple weeks ago, early in the morniing. This is usually the time of year I work on my car, just too uncomfortable to sit at traffic lights.

No salt in our "winter", plenty of driving!

Don

Don

1973 Sahara # too long ago, purchased in 1978 sold in 1984

1973 Chamonix # 2589243 Katrina Victim, formerly in the good sawzall hands of Baikal.2002 and gone to heaven.

1973 Inka # 2587591 purchased from Mike McCurdy, Dec 2007

Yup.

I have (2) sets of crews working in Bowie and Decatur. Both are erecting nice, shiny galvanized silos outside and my industrial equipment inside.

Miserable weather all around the country.

BUT- it sure beats shoveling snow.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

It's been pretty brutal. We finally got some rain yesterday though. I did ride my motorcycle last saturday for about 20 miles across OKC and back. Both it and the 02 have been "well-rested" this summer. :(

Byron

76 02 inka

04 r1150r

BUT- it sure beats shoveling snow.

Hmmmm.....

When it's cold, you can put on more clothes. Growing up in Western Montana, just dealt with it.

In the south - you can (or should) only take off so many clothes. And it's still really hot.

Plus - I can put on more clothes for a blizzard. There is no "anti-hurricane" coat.

The only good thing about suffering the hot stuff is that the other 9 months of good driving weather are getting closer......

But for now - we'll teach the 8 year old to kneeboard in Seneca.

ps - she did great!

Ken

FAQ Member # 2616

"What do you mean NEXT project?"

-- My wife.