• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

early front bumperettes question

PatAllen

Try eBay Germany (ebay.de) and search for Stoßstangenhorn. There are a couple on there now that are cheap (for starters anyway). I've found it's wise to ask the seller first if they are willing to ship to the USA and how much shipping would be.

See: http://shop.ebay.de/bibelskirch/m.html?_trksid=p4340.l2562

I haven't done this with BMW parts yet, but for many years I bought classic Mercedes-Benz (heckflosse) parts this way. Once I had a relationship with a particular seller I would usually just skip eBay and email a request. It was never an issue that I don't know German; the sellers always found a way to answer me in English.

I use Google translate to make initial contact, then usually end up working in English.

Bob S.

Very early 1600s imported to the US (to US spec) had these small front bumperettes, but sometime in 1967 Max Hoffman started importing all the 1600s--and later all the 2002s with the taller "US" bumper guards. They were all optional--an $8 option front & rear on my '69--but like the leatherette, tachs and radial tires, all US cars came in with 'em.

I believe that in Europe even the small guards were an option--I know they were in the rear, but not so sure in front.

later Euro cars came with the taller bumper guards, and chrome bumper squarelights came with the low profile, pointy front guards that were similar to those used on the US '73s only.

cheers

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite