• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Canadian Ghost BMW Dealership

Guest Anonymous

This x-dealership does indeed exist, with cars in showroom.

I spoke to the owner who happened to be there doing something in the back shop a couple of years ago. He didn't let me in though, and was not very forthcoming with information. I was trying to rent the building for a film shoot, but he wasn't interested.

On another note Nicad, where are you located? There's a fairly strong 02 group in the GTA.

Considering how BMW NA handles contracts for dealerships, I find this story hard to believe.

BMW screwed the main dealer that built their rep when they cancelled their contract in an effort to go big time in the Toronto market.

Beach auto was a family run dealer that was big into Motorsports and top level service. BMW owners would bring their cars from far away just to get them serviced there. All the best techs came from Beach. When BMW decided that they wanted a big showy 5 story showroom in Toronto, rather than the smaller auto dealership that was a pillar of the community they yanked their dealer status and shut down a nice family business. BMW's no longer come with Diff drain plugs, so that tells you what they think of the customer.

Bob S.

This story reminds me of the the Toyotas on Cyprus abandoned in 1974 (link below.) Very cool. I wish I had access to the display cabinet with what looks like an '02 Alpina Deko kit.

http://japanesenostalgiccar.com/2011/07/25/more-nostalgic-toyotas-from-cyprus-un-buffer-zone/#more-16194

- Project 67' 1600-2

- Pig Cheek 71' 1602

Thats crazy! I would love to see something like that.

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2