• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need tech help - Germany

malagalaga

Hi all,

I'll be in Germany next month for a few days for business and will need high speed internet access for three or possibly four people with laptops.

So I think I need one of these:

http://www.t-mobile.com/shop/Phones/cell-phone-detail.aspx?cell-phone=T-mobile-Rocket-3.0-4G-Laptop-Stick

That will work in Germany without a contract (we won't need it in the U.S.)

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I've tried looking at T-Mobile, etc websites using a translator, but I'm totally lost since I speak no German.

And, yes, I need this access because I won't always be in a Wifi area.

Thanks!

1973 BMW 2002 Sahara

Did you call T-Mobile and speak to someone about get internet service through their network in Europe? They should have some kind of service. I have Verizon and signed up for around $70 per month for internet access, or if you can get by with your blackberry with just email it's $39/month. I just came back from italy and a lot of the hotels that used to charge for Wi-Fi are now giving it to you for free. That never used to be.

If you get an air card you may be able to link the other computers to it. If you can get by with the service in your hotel I might just check to make sure the hotel has it. Bottom line is speak to someone at T-mobile. I like a live person rather then a website sometimes.

Mike Katsoris CCA#13294                                                

74 InkaGangster 4281862

2016 Porsche Boxster Spyder,    2004 BMW R1150RT,  
76 Estorilblau 2740318                      

Did you call T-Mobile and speak to someone about get internet service through their network in Europe? They should have some kind of service. I have Verizon and signed up for around $70 per month for internet access, or if you can get by with your blackberry with just email it's $39/month. I just came back from italy and a lot of the hotels that used to charge for Wi-Fi are now giving it to you for free. That never used to be.

If you get an air card you may be able to link the other computers to it. If you can get by with the service in your hotel I might just check to make sure the hotel has it. Bottom line is speak to someone at T-mobile. I like a live person rather then a website sometimes.

Thanks. I did try calling T-Mobile U.S., but they said they couldn't answer questions about products in Germany.

I'm not looking for something that will piggyback onto my U.S. service (I use Sprint). My employer will cover the cost of this, so it would be much easier to buy a no contract service in Germany.

And I need the access for while I'm on site, not necessarily at the hotel. I won't have wifi access where I will need it.

I guess I'm looking for the German equivalent of a Sprint 3G card - but without a contract and with no upload/download limitations.

1973 BMW 2002 Sahara

Your Sprint 3G card may work over in Europe, I believe sprint is on GSM. Only thing I can think of.

EDIT: Changed GMRS to GSM. Getting my radio signals mixed up....

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2