• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Okay, who else has a new generation MINI again?

ray_

Welcome to the club Ray! Eileen has an 04 S that she got new. She drives it everyday and loves it I get to drive it when I wash it. Soo much fun, but I would not have a drivers license if I drove it everyday. We have done the Tail of the Dragon twice in it, done lots of miles on the BRP and even been up to the Adirondacks in it. It now has 100k and still going strong. Eileen brought it on this summers 02 Group trip to the mountains because it had AC and the 02 doesn't

Photobucket

We also have an original Mini that is tons of fun but in a different way. It was my Dads and he really liked that car

Have you moved yet?

Cool, Mike!

Yep, got to NOLA on July 25 I think. Looking at buying a cottage with a 3 car garage (I think the garage was a detraction to some homeseekers!).

The M2 will come next week. The E24 I'll drive down after getting a few items attended to.

The MINI is doing well so far, but the tires are a bit noisy on some surfaces!

How ya'll are well!

Cheers,

Ray

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

Cool!

Fun little cars and lots of passive restraints too, unlike our other affliction!

Cheers,

Ray

Here's mine: 2006 Space Blue Checkmate

Ray

Dana loves her Clubman...So much so that we just bought our son a 320is so that he will stop driving HER car.

Every few months she comments about how her MINI was a great purchase and she loves her car. It's usually after a full set of twisties.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

Hi guys

My wife has an '06 S w/a 6 speed. She configured it herself on the website, with some help from our son (who was about 9 at the time). So it's exactly how she wanted it.

Only unique thing about it is that it has a "V" stripe on the hood. She really liked that, and built the whole color scheme of the car around it.

I feel the same way as Mike - if I drove it every day, I wouldn't not have a license.

I like that it has the same "spirit" as the 02 - it's like it is always telling me, "You know, we could be going a little faster...why don't you give it some more gas, Scott". It's a very eager little car.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/gallery/sharing/shareRedirectSwitchBoard.jsp?token=4599740980105%3A757623253

We haven't had any problems with it, either - 5 years of trouble-free motoring.

Scott

02ing since '87

'72 tii Euro  //  '21 330i x //  '14 BMW X5  //  '12 VW Jetta GLI

Cool!

Mine seems to have been ordered with most if the available options (except nav I think). One has to keep an eye on the speedometer in an attempt to stay out of trouble!

Cheers,

Ray

Hi guys

My wife has an '06 S w/a 6 speed. She configured it herself on the website, with some help from our son (who was about 9 at the time). So it's exactly how she wanted it.

Only unique thing about it is that it has a "V" stripe on the hood. She really liked that, and built the whole color scheme of the car around it.

I feel the same way as Mike - if I drove it every day, I wouldn't not have a license.

I like that it has the same "spirit" as the 02 - it's like it is always telling me, "You know, we could be going a little faster...why don't you give it some more gas, Scott". It's a very eager little car.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/gallery/sharing/shareRedirectSwitchBoard.jsp?token=4599740980105%3A757623253

We haven't had any problems with it, either - 5 years of trouble-free motoring.

Scott

Ray

You know about my R50 already Ray.

One thing I forgot to mention - buy the Bentley book. It's actually useful. It helped me when doing the brakes on the mini, as well as the time I replaced the strut.

And be careful in NOLA with the notoriously bad streets. I hit a big pothole here in Houston, and blew the right front strut (which is why I had to replace it).

Fun car....

Ken

FAQ Member # 2616

"What do you mean NEXT project?"

-- My wife.

Noted!

They can't do proper entranceways to parking lots here either; the curbs are too abrupt!

Cheers,

Ray

You know about my R50 already Ray.

One thing I forgot to mention - buy the Bentley book. It's actually useful. It helped me when doing the brakes on the mini, as well as the time I replaced the strut.

And be careful in NOLA with the notoriously bad streets. I hit a big pothole here in Houston, and blew the right front strut (which is why I had to replace it).

Fun car....

Ken

Ray

- buy the Bentley book. It's actually useful.

Bentley has the book coming out for the 2nd Gen MINI's like our R55. I think it was released just this week. Something like 1000 pages and about $150. I have to look at it that lack of information is much more expensive.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

Can I come over for dinner?

... I hear you have some seats for me anyway ;-)

Cheers,

Ray

- buy the Bentley book. It's actually useful.

Bentley has the book coming out for the 2nd Gen MINI's like our R55. I think it was released just this week. Something like 1000 pages and about $150. I have to look at it that lack of information is much more expensive.

Ray