• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Euro Turn signal Bargain turned up today

LimeySteve

I was scouting Ebay UK looking for some turn signals & low & Behold a decent looking pair turned up. I called my friend in England , had him bid , we won them. They were pick up only ! luckily another gearhead friend of mine lives in Brighton, some 30 miles from the lights. He kindly gets them & mails them to me. I got them today , I'm thrilled , very little corrosion , no cracks & decent chrome, even the bulb holders are rust free. All for the grand total of 11 pounds 61 pence or $18.91 in US$ .There are still deals out there you just need to keep looking & have friends .

P8150176.jpg

P8150177.jpg

1970 4 speed 2002 (Daily driver/track car ) 
1974  Hybrid powered twin cam engine, Pig Cheeks , ( now a round tail.) Getting ready to Sell 

Decent score.

Did that price incl postage? I used to get a many things from the UK, but the postage increase over the last few years means you have to watch out.

I got a couple of RHD passenger arm rests (for my US cars) recently for cheap, but the cost doubled with postage.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

Nice one, congrats! These look way better than your American ones!

Agreed they look way better, but, visiblity of the blinking light is not too clever. The US ones do have that advantage.

Les

FAQ Member #17

My friend owed me as I've done similar for him so price was all in . I am changing my 71 to "Euro spec" hence twin headlights , no side markers/lights,no rear reflectors & now the flush turn signals. The visibility is true but here in Southern California people are too distracted inside their car/SUV to be concerned with looking at lights!!! I drive defensively too as we tend to do from England . As I said , keep your eyes peeled the deals are still out there.

1970 4 speed 2002 (Daily driver/track car ) 
1974  Hybrid powered twin cam engine, Pig Cheeks , ( now a round tail.) Getting ready to Sell 

I second that, they sure are better in terms of visibility, but stick out quite badly(although I havent seen any of those in person, I can assume that they don't look as good as Eu-spec)

I'm told that bubble type blinkers came with the "Sport Paket" offered on the Touring back in the day. Apart from having 2 bulbs, not sure how they differed from the US type.

I'm considering fitting them to my Touring, because on a recent roadtrip I was following my Wife and she said she could not see my blinkers working at all.

Les

FAQ Member #17