• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gauging interest: Scheel Mann to stock slider kits.

eurotrash

Yeah, no. I went from worn 02 seats to 8/10 condition 320 seats and the 320 seats were lower and raked (and a touch off center). The 02 seats had a... perky stance comparatively.

My open center plate design should accommodate Recaros just fine. Assuming the plate's 20mm wide frame dimension works for them.

2002 newbie, and dead serious about it.
(O=o00o=O)
Smart Audio Products for your 2002

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

About ready to move this to the parts section.. I need to build a list for the initial batch. I slathered primer/paint on my single prototype tonight. I think its a winner.

6e00c50c.jpg

55ee01e2.jpg

Oh, and spent a few hours detailing the plug for my fiberglass under-rear seat sub box too...!

a372532e.jpg

(O=o00o=O)

I still don't understand how that tilts the seat. I guess I need to see a picture of it installed to get it. I mean, the rails and seat bottom all bolt to the flat part, right? Is it just for ventilation?

John

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️

I still don't understand how that tilts the seat. I guess I need to see a picture of it installed to get it. I mean, the rails and seat bottom all bolt to the flat part, right? Is it just for ventilation?

John

John, this doesn't actually tilt the seat itself...The seat straps (bladders) in my set are tired, and I figure most are. Mine were at least 2 inches lower than they should have been. With the solid plate, the bottom was too flat, eliminating the natural tilt that the straps allow for under body weight. And in fact, I felt like the aggressive lumbar support actually pushed me forward.

This design allows me to have an adapter that prevents having to rebuild my seats and lessens stresses on the aging seat fabrics. (Or for those with freshly restored seats, it will prevent radical sag over time.) And 2. gives the seat bottom the rake it should have based on the seat back design and where shoulders should hit. And for the record, I am 5'10".

Now, after installing the plate and driving on it, the angle feels perfect and my body weight keeps me firmly planted into the lumbar support. I say its a go.

5771bcf7.jpg

11e8ead9.jpg

46561918.jpg

de547ce9.jpg

95902325.jpg

(O=o00o=O)

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

The point of the adapters I produce is to lower the seats...?  Not sure anyone here will have an issue like you mention.  I have my scheel sliders ..  might be convinced to sell.  You'll want a set of Recaro slider frame adapters to bolt it all in to the 2002..

(O=o00o=O)