• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Concours on the Avenue -- Carmel-by-the-Sea (yesterday)

Jim_75Sahara

WOW! That was fun! Ferraris, Jags, Porsches, Lambos, Isettas, Mercedes, Alfas, and so on.... What a great time yestserday. I saw Wayne Carini of "Chasing Classic Cars" taping a segment. I briefly met Carl Nelson. I talked to many owners and was mistaken for an owner a number of times! I was giving the judges my 'wisdom' on the 2 Isettas on display... (I'm not the biggest expert, but enthusiastic) Wow again!

I am planning on heading to the Legends of the Autobahn show on Friday and also the Concours d'LeMons on Saturday. I hope to meet up with the following FAQ'ers this week: Steve Padrick, Steve Kupper, and Michael Dubois. FAQ'ers are WUNDEBAR. Right?

BTW: Spotted an Anthracite gray squaretail in Carmel yesterday, possibly sporting Alpina wheels. Anybody here own it?

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey Jim- Did not realize that you were out here in Cali- I will be going to the Legends on Friday and the Festorics / vintage races on Saturday.

Joseph - ChicoJo

Just talked to Jim on the phone and he will be going to the races w/ me on Saturday!

post-524-13667647385894_thumb.jpg

Joseph O'Neil

73 02 - Polaris - 2587250

67 2000 TiLux- Chamonix - 1451152

Hey Jim- Did not realize that you were out here in Cali- I will be going to the Legends on Friday and the Festorics / vintage races on Saturday.

Joseph - ChicoJo

Just talked to Jim on the phone and he will be going to the races w/ me on Saturday!

Hey Joseph-you and Jim have fun at the races. Gotta get out there for that sometime.

Sam Adams
1972 Inka 2000tii Touring, 1968 Manila 1600-2, 2001 325iT

Joseph - ChicoJo

I am going to drag him to the Legends on Friday. Headed up from SB on Thursday.

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours

I'm still in Witchita

Going for beers with the Dude!

John

Maybe you will get a "last-minute" flight to Monterey.....we can hope can't we??

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

Today we went to Salinas to see the Steinbeck Museum. Saw lots of Porsches & also saw an Alfa Guilieta - very nice. In Carmel today, I saw another Mercedes 300SL Gullwing, this time in black. (parked on the street, no less)

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

Nice shot of the '02 amongst all that Italian flash. Is this the greatest week ever or what? As a Monterey Peninsula native I have been to most of the events at one time or another in my life. The Historic races are still my favorite, and this year I think Sunday will be better than Satuday because we'll see F1, IMSA, and Can-Am! For anyone visiting town this week, I HIGHLY recomend going to the Polo Fields in Pebble Beach (Portola Rd) at dawn tomorrow (Thurs) morning. There, most of the entrants to the Concours will assemble before heading out for their rolling tour. It is a surreal thing to see, hear, smell, and behold all of those machines in the foggy still of the morning. They start and finish exactly where the old Pebble Beach road races ran in the '50's. BTW, I saw the black gullwing too..with two road cones at either end of the parking space!

Cheers,

Ben

Stop by Ocean Avenue in Carmel tomorrow to see the Pebble Beach tour cars pull in from 12 to 2. Joseph, make sure you introduce us on Saturday.

HBChris

`73 3.0CS Chamonix, `69 2000 NK Atlantik

`70 2800 Polaris, `79 528i Chamonix

I will not get there till Friday morning, It is sureal there, everywhere you look is an amazing car. Last year I started looking at a car starting to think it was a Masserati, but it turned out to be a new Ford. You start assumiing that every car is high end after awhile. The picture with the Ferraris happened last year. Got a good spot next to a roped off area that eventually got filled up with the cars you see.

Here are my pictures from last year

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1556614803670.72294.1484233148#!/pages/North-Valley-Vintage-Touring-Club/186360808078193

Joseph O'Neil

I will not get there till Friday morning,

If you can get down Thursday Night, I can put you up. I think you still have my cell #. Jim has it if you don't. Let me know if I can help. I have access to my Cousin's Carmel house for Thursday night, and have an extra bed available.

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

Steve that is a generous offer. I have all ready made plans to drive down to Modesto ( to stay with Greg Spanel Inka Tii) after work and then drive in early Friday. I would have taken tomorrow off if I had planned better. Fell togethor for me this week. Will be good to see everyone, especially Jim Denker who after knowing him for an hour, had most of the V@V 09 caravan staying at his house in Ohio.

post-85-13667647400677_thumb.jpg

Joseph O'Neil