• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Concours on the Avenue -- Carmel-by-the-Sea (yesterday)

Jim_75Sahara

Steve that is a generous offer. I have all ready made plans to drive down to Modesto ( to stay with Greg Spanel Inka Tii) after work and then drive in early Friday. I would have taken tomorrow off if I had planned better. Fell togethor for me this week. Will be good to see everyone, especially Jim Denker who after knowing him for an hour, had most of the V@V 09 caravan staying at his house in Ohio.

Nice pic of PuttPutt on its way cross country piloted by Joseph.

Sam Adams
1972 Inka 2000tii Touring, 1968 Manila 1600-2, 2001 325iT

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hope to meet you HBChris and Ben. Looking forward to more auto-craziness. I am going to walk down to Carmel (Ocean Drive area) to see the cars pass by. BTW: I am staying just off of 3rd. (a few blocks up from Bruno's Mkt.) Ben: we'd stopped at the Carmel library yesterday. I parked our borrowed 2000 BMW 528i near that M-B Gullwing. Parking was scarce at the time. I liked the orange cones around the 300SL!! Eager to meet up with you Steve & Joseph....

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

Hi all,

I'm headed down to stay in Watsonville for the weekend and will be at the Legends on Fri and at Laguna on Sat. Hope to meet you Jim.

Tom Jones

BMW wrench for 30 years, BMWCCA since 1984 at age 9
66 BMW16oo stored, 67 1600-2 lifelong project, 2 more 67-8 1600s, 86 528e 5sp 586k, 91 318i
Mom&Dad's, 65 1800TiSA, 70 2800, 72 2002Tii 2760007 orig owners, 15 Z4 N20

Finish work, pack, wash the car to get a fresh layer of road bugs.

St Stan's Brewery Tonight - then Carmel Tomorrow !

Shad will be at D-14 in the padox next to the CSLs.

Going to be a great weekend. I will take plenty of pictures!

Joseph O'Neil

73 02 - Polaris - 2587250

67 2000 TiLux- Chamonix - 1451152

Tom: I will have my black Maximillian hat on & probably my "True Friends of Alex Von Falkenhausen" shirt. (dark blue) Eager to meet you and as many vintage bimmer types as possible. Too many exotics to count today! They started at Monterey, then drove to Big Sur, came back to Carmel, & then they went to Pebble Beach. Simply amazing what I have been seeing here. I had a nice picnic along the shore with my family and Mary's aunt at Point Lobos State Park today. Life is good.

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

The cars on Ocean Avenue today were amazing! Wall to wall people, some real characters. Two Fiat 8V Supersonics, worth $1.5M each, and an Aston Martin Ghia Supersonic too. Jim, I will look for your hat and shirt, glad you can make it too Tom.

Chris

HBChris

`73 3.0CS Chamonix, `69 2000 NK Atlantik

`70 2800 Polaris, `79 528i Chamonix

Hello everyone. I drove my 02 down from Oregon this week. I am staying in Pacific Grove. I have to say that it is car guy heaven here. I have seen more super cars in a day than I have seen in my life. We parked on hwy 1 and watched the concours cars drive by. Simply amazing. The owners are dressed in period clothes and look so happy driving down the road. When I parked several of the folks milling around came right up

"we used to have a 2002 back in the day." Gentlemen restores old Porches, but his wife still loves the 2002. "They were so practicle" she said. On the way up to Big Sur saw an Inca coming down. Big thumbs up from both of us. My car is currently parked next to a Ferrari and some high end corvette. Hope to meet some of you guys tomorrow.

Oh and the wife has a crush on Wayne Carrini. She jealous you saw him:)

Craig

1972 2002 Sahara
2017 228i

2019 F 250

I'm so sad I didn't get to go this year with my car running great! Jealous of all of you! Better be some good pics coming soon!!

We are going to miss you this year...Here are some teaser pics from Thursday

Drive over Carmel Valley Road....no traffic problems

CIMG7210.jpg

Convinced this M-Roadster to join me in the twisties

CIMG7209.jpg

He enjoyed it so much, he bought lunch at the Baja Cantina (car guy heaven)

And these were a few of the cars in the restaurant parking lot.

CIMG7215.jpg

CIMG7214.jpg

CIMG7213.jpg

CIMG7212.jpg

CIMG7211.jpg

CIMG7217.jpg

CIMG7216.jpg

Tomorrow, Friday, should be really good..

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours

The Cantina reminds me of XXX out here in WA

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2