• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Same but different

jgerock

I love your bug. About 10 years ago, an acquaintance of my wife gave me a 69 beetle that hadn't run in 5 years, possibly due to a "blown engine" This is the "as found" photo -- one loose plug wire later (and lots of elbow grease) I had a car that was eventually sold for $1,200 to man that owned a welder. Since then I've used that seed money to buy and sell many, many other cars and trucks. I WILL have another beetle, someday!

BeetleAsFound.jpg

BeetleLFront.jpg

--> 1968 2002 <--

Similar to the BMW's, the later ('68+) Bugs got the big bumpers. The best bug I ever owned was a '67. I also had a '68 convertable for a while. What a godsend adjusting the valves on a 2002 was compared with the VW. Had a VW van for a while too. Cool cars

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️

same color...that car never liked me and was difficult to work on compared to my Renault. We ended up selling it to my brother in law when we bought the '69 2002...talk about a sea change...from Beetle to Bimmer.

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite