• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Finally back on the road!

jscaptura1

After 2 Solex rebuilds, my '70 1600 started to run smoother, took it out, got caught in a downpour (3" of rain in 15 min.), alt belt strated to slip, broke the retaining clip on right rear brake, alt shorted out & distributor cap cracked! (all in a 15 min span). Took a week for an electical shop to tell me they could not rebuild the alt, had to find the clip for the brake & wait for the alt from Bav auto. Also replaced the dist. cap. Alt & voltage regulator showed up today! Installed all of it & finally drove it for the first time in over 2 weeks. It ran the best it has in several years. I found myself making excuses to go out & drive it everywhere. That is still my favorite car to drive! Will be taking it to the vintage weekend at The Glen in a few weeks! 2 questions for anyone: I have not been able to attach any pictures to my posts, and: Who do I contact with my VIN # to get the build & shipping details of my 1600? Thanks for the help & keep those 02's out & about!

1970 Granada 1600 "The 16",  2000 528i Siena Red "The 5",  1968 Mustang 289 Muscle Car Blue, 

1999 318ti M Package Green,  1982 633CSi 5 speed Blue,  2011 550i M Package Black (6 speed manual)