• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Antique Truck & Tractor show, Barrington, NH

Scott Sislane

TONS OF COOL TRUCKS !

I USED TO GO TO A LOT OF THE TRACTOR STEAM & GAS ENGINE SHOWS

IN NC & VIRGINIA . I MISS THIS KIND OF STUFF .

I STILL HAVE MY STEAM POWERED HAY BALER .

I MAY BREAK IT OUT AGAIN ONE OF THESE DAYS AND AMAZE PEOPLE ALL

OVER AGAIN BUT IT HAS TO BE AT A SHOW LIKE THIS ONE .

THANKS FOR POSTING .

reodor.gif

We've screen printed a ton of clothing for these type of events, all around the north east, for 11 years now. So I'm lkg at illustrations of old engines, trucks, tractors a lot. Pretty nice group of people involved. I love these things.

1976 2002 Custom Dk Blue w/ Pearl

1975 2002A Sahara (sold Feb 2008)

SiteNamecopy.jpg

Mmm, what I cut my teeth on! Old tractors and trucks! I about bought a 49 Chevy PU and a 72 Chevy pickup for first rigs instead of the 02. Still want to own one some day... One in my buddy's collection that I work on all the time (I do a lot of work on his old JD M as well.)

image006.jpg

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

Sislane -

Glad to see that you made an ATCA Show. I've been a card-carrying ATCA member for years - their publication is "Double Clutch," which is great (sorta like our Der Bauerische, but for big trucks). The show to go, however, is the National Show in Macungie, PA. It usually occurs in the third week (give or take) of June.

http://www.antiquetruckclubofamerica.org/calendar.html

It's rather interesting to see that the show that you attended looks to be pickup-friendly. There's a big debate within the ATCA whether pickups are "trucks" and should be accorded space on the show grounds. At the Nationals, pickups are definately second-class citizens. I park my 53 Dodge Pilot on the showgrounds, but I keep a low profile for fear of being run over by the 50's Macks. Even Hector the Monster Truck (78 Ford, with in-process Cummins Diesel conversion) feels a "lack of manhood" at the Nationals.

I'll definitely check out future events. (not sure I'll travel to PA yet!) Loved lkg at these old machines. This group is pretty laid-back so I can see them letting just about anything through the gate. I was surprised to see so many home-made mods to some otherwise respectable lkg trucks. Like home-made bumpers....

I wasn't able to make it to the back area where they had the steam excavators & trucks moving dirt...

1976 2002 Custom Dk Blue w/ Pearl

1975 2002A Sahara (sold Feb 2008)

SiteNamecopy.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Sislane -

Glad to see that you made an ATCA Show. I've been a card-carrying ATCA member for years - their publication is "Double Clutch," which is great (sorta like our Der Bauerische, but for big trucks). The show to go, however, is the National Show in Macungie, PA. It usually occurs in the third week (give or take) of June.

http://www.antiquetruckclubofamerica.org/calendar.html

It's rather interesting to see that the show that you attended looks to be pickup-friendly. There's a big debate within the ATCA whether pickups are "trucks" and should be accorded space on the show grounds. At the Nationals, pickups are definately second-class citizens. I park my 53 Dodge Pilot on the showgrounds, but I keep a low profile for fear of being run over by the 50's Macks. Even Hector the Monster Truck (78 Ford, with in-process Cummins Diesel conversion) feels a "lack of manhood" at the Nationals.

Thanks you for the post.