• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NEW RECORD PRICE FOR A CAR .........

RIMSPOKE

I wish you wouldn't post these articles in this forum. It just opens fresh wounds.

I was narrowly outbid on this car. My bid included several non-cash components that clearly rivaled the winning all-cash offer. I was prepared to cook an espresso-rubbed tenderloin for the current car's owner; perform several variations of cartwheels, including both one-handed and reverse entry cartwheels; sing a powerful rendition of one of my own original songs titled "Silly Stegosaurus", and; friend the seller and 3 of his attractive acquaintances on FaceBook for a period of no less than 2 weeks. In addition to these priceless experiences and services, I included an offer of $48 in nearly crisp, mixed US bank notes, on which I would write thoughtful poems and peppy quips, with helpful illustrations in the event the seller's English vocabulary is lacking. In exchange for any driving accoutrements, racing paraphernalia, and spare parts in the seller's possession, I offered to perform a brief, yet informative sock puppet performance of the Fire Swamp scene from the 1987 film, The Princess Bride, replete with rich and convincing character voicing. My falsetto parody of the British female voice can only be truly appreciated through firsthand experience, as no written description can begin to do it justice.

My bid clearly represented a better rounded, and certainly more rare offer than a run-of-the-mill electronic funds transfer. Additionally, awarding the car to a nameless, faceless bidder dishonors the proud craftsmen who designed and built such a fine automobile. As the market for rarities is rife with cronyism and fraudulent dealings, I suspect favoritism played a role in the outcome. I am currently considering pursuing legal avenues to force the auctioneer to properly value my bid, and subsequently award the car to me, as any honest auction house would do. Until such time, I would appreciate your honoring my request to cease and desist in posting articles about this sham of a sale. I would also greatly appreciate it if you, and other members of this forum, would briefly suspend postings related to falconry in all its sundry forms. I once witnessed the death of a chickadee that made its nest near my childhood home. I fancied the chickadee was the reincarnation of a brave and noble hunting bird, whose cry would strike fear into the hearts of men and rodents alike. To this day, its death during the cold winter of 1974 is still fresh in my memory, and references to falconry, regardless of how oblique, cause me night fits and indigestion.

I thank you in advance for your compliance with my requests.

Humbly,

williamggruff

'76 2002 "Verona" / '12 Fiat 500 Sport "Latte" / '21 Toyota 4Runner TRD Off Road Prem “The Truck”

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...