• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

its official i have enough o2s

esty

i'm hopeless...addicted...compulsive and may even need help...i have more o2's than any sane person should have...tonight another was delivered and tuck'd away amongst it's brother & sister o2's

it's another one from andy's herd...this makes the 3rd from andy...maybe if i move back to california it won't be so easy....anyway, i casually mention to him that i'd like to have it and he twisted my arm and made me take it...it was delivered about earlier tonight...it's the chop top that belonged to matt...aka conkitchen

11jrxj4.jpg

005-2.jpg

and matt...if you can tell me anything about the car, i'd appreciate it a bunch...i want'd to email you a few days ago but your email isn't listed...

Naw, you really don't have a problem unless you start selling your appliances and stealing from your neighbors to get you high on.

Cool ride! What's underneath the hood? Is it getting a 2-tone treatment?

ray...it was dark out when it was drop'd off but from what i could see i still can't get the grin off my face...i have no idea what andy had stashed under the tarp...that was when it was at his place...i did get the chop'd off top to go with the car...maybe i can make a bitchin removable hardtop

and you bet 2 tone...it would go against my nature to have a car like the rest of the crowd...i think metallic black over silver

it's another one from andy's herd...this makes the 3rd from andy...maybe if i move back to california it won't be so easy....anyway, i casually mention to him that i'd like to have it and he twisted my arm and made me take it...it was delivered about earlier tonight...it's the chop top that belonged to matt...aka conkitchen

Esty,

It's Marc, not Matt BTW ;-)

Funny, those pictures were taken back in Ohio (circa 1995) during the winter. I drove that car every chance I could. Might have been 50 degrees out that day. This was my first 2002.

Don't know what I can really tell you. I sold it to the ex-girlfriend back in 1998 when I moved to CA. She drove it maybe 10K miles in all and did have some repairs done by Koala.

http://www.koalamotorsport.com/

The head was rebuilt and has a 292 cam. The bottom end was originally done at .050 over and 9:5 comp but I spun a rod and thus replaced it with a used one before selling it. I missed that car so much I had to make another one back in 2004 which I then sold last year to a guy in FLA. choppers are a bunch of fun.

My email is conkitchen@aol.com

post-2154-13667647727819_thumb.jpg

post-2154-13667647730893_thumb.jpg

But what do I know

Esty,

It's Marc, not Matt BTW ;-)

sorry mister...i knew that but flub'd up....probably the excitement of the night...

i have to work tomorrow so steve's in charge of trying to start it...the engine looks really clean and i don't suspect there will be any problems getting her breathing again...

& thanks for the info

It'll fire right up!

I got it running for Andy just before he took delivery from Ohio.

It was running a little hot BTW and the tranny might be dry from what I recall that day. Do a typical 2002 been sitting for a long time check over.

I still have a thick file with repair orders and misc. dating way back even before I owned it. You can have it if you want. Let me know.

Best of luck and enjoy. Glad it went to someone who will appreciate it and carry onward. I think the car I sold to FLA went in vain and will most likely end up in the bone yard.

post-2154-13667647732811_thumb.jpg

But what do I know

Thats something I would love to have! If it was on the west coast I might of gone for it :P

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

Great way to round out the collection. You will be able to do a circle picture soon.

I have been wanting to tell you how nice the truck turned out. The interior is beautiful. Can't wait to see how the Chopie turns out.

The bottom line is that you are helping Andy out!

post-164-13667647735392_thumb.jpg

Joseph O'Neil

73 02 - Polaris - 2587250

67 2000 TiLux- Chamonix - 1451152

Esty, a hot battery and a little starter fluid and it will fire right up. I can't wait to see this one, especially after what you guys did with the pick up! Black and silver is what I am thinking on the one I got in trade up here. I'll send it to you for an interior...

001-7.jpg

002-7.jpg

It'll fire right up!

I still have a thick file with repair orders and misc. dating way back even before I owned it. You can have it if you want. Let me know.

Marc, if you're willing to part with the paperwork you have for the car i'd love to have it all...you can email me thru the forum

and if it's like any other o2 we've adopted it'll start without much trouble at all...from what i could see last night, i was surprised how clean the engine is

CD the "stubby" top andy gave me is rough cut and will require some thought and engineering to make work but that's what i'd like to see happen

one, I did some measuring years ago and discovered the back several inches of a Rabbit pickup truck cab will fit nicely to the front portion of a 2002 roof with not a lot of sheet metal work. That would make an '02 pickup look more like a pickup than an Aussie Ute.

Just a thought...

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite