• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

74 2002 tii what do you guys think?

matthutter

Say 'hi' to Joseph for me!

I am leary of buying from classic car shops. I suspect shortcuts & Frankenbimmer results. Take an expert or 2 with you to check it out. They will want top dollar, so be ready for that.

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

$12,000 starting point! Reserve not met!

Yes it will be expensive! I will bet he will not get one bid.

-mpkwy

CARS:Past

1966 VW Bug

1971 2002 (BOUGHT IN 1972) (totaled, back in my sordid youth)

1975 2002 (mntgrun (sold)

1973 2002 (Sahara, unmolested, Sold, sniff-sniff)

asst Honda accords and Outbacks

Current:

06 Outback

04 Camry

Beware of the red painted brake calipers. Bolts instead of screws holding on the brake fluid reservoir.

However the body looks straight. Original color. And I'm not sure that black under the hood is not original. I have seen a lot of them painted like that over the years.....

Yea, wheels and seats have to go. There's a lot of custom going on in the center console too. "Additionally it has a balanced motor, port and polished heads," Heads? Both of them??? Man! How many does it have?

John

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades

Dude wears flip-flops to work. He cannot be trusted.

$(KGrHqJ,!hwE4qCS3vH0BOVC43TuoQ~~48_3.JPG

Heheheheh. In all seriousness, this car looks nice, but this looks to be the all-too-common case of a shop buying a car for whatever small price they paid, fixing a few small issues and reselling it for what they see in Kelley Blue Book or NADA Guides for pricing. The tii vs. standard 2002 language seems to be aimed at people that don't know anything about these cars, which is to whom they want to sell it: people that don't know any better. These uninformed people will probably think that the black paint under the hood isn't hiding something, or that the red painted calipers must be upgrade items.

The Behr A/C console with no A/C isn't my favorite use of knee space, either.

Overall, it looks like a solid $6-8K car, assuming there's no hidden rust. Shops like this one are waiting for an uninformed person to show up and pay full price. Show up with knowledge and you'll get for a lot less than they're asking.

ClayW
1967 1600-2 - M42 - 1521145          Follow my project at www.TX02.blogspot.com          E30 DD Project Blog