• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

m2 BMW - no, not a proper one....

NickVyse

BMW and Audi are on this mission to create a car for every "type" of car they can think up..... Hey, how about we make a cross sport off road racing 4 seater that is huge.... oh sorry, just making fun of the X6 which makes me cringe every time I see it.

I feel like since the end of the E46 M3, M division has stood for Marketing, not motorsport!

-Bryan

red73

73' 2002 "red"

66' 2 Door Cortina GT

http://mk1cortinasearch.blogspot.com/

BMW and Audi are on this mission to create a car for every "type" of car they can think up.....

I think that is where the Fiat fits in very well. "Let's build one car and people will just do 'everything' with it." It is what MINI did, but has fell into the BMW mold with the hardtop, and then cabrios, clubman, countryman, and now the coupe. Then they throw in Cooper, Cooper S, JCW, and other special variations of each of these models.

If I had a warehouse garage, then, maybe, I would have a separate car for each individual purpose. Similar to what my wife has for shoes. Yes, she does need 6 pair of black shoes...each one has a distinct purpose. Luckily, her shoes are cheaper to insure. Maintenance is about on par.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

I like it.

But I don't see BMW doing another 2L, 2 door sedan.....

and I agree - it feels like they are getting too carried away with every model for every person.

And I put the X6 in the same category as the Porsche Panamera. Just plain dumb.

Ken

FAQ Member # 2616

"What do you mean NEXT project?"

-- My wife.

Jeez. I think BMW's getting to the point where a simple "M" won't be enough. In other words, they'll have to "M" their M's just to make them distinctive again. Call it something like M+M, MPlus, and make the regular M's MPuss or MWuss for cars that weigh more than 2 tons. A spirited drive in a proper M car should leave the driver with ringing ears, a mis-aligned spine, and loose fillings. Nor should a vigorous track session cause the brakes to melt, oil to overheat, or the car to go into limp mode.

I recommend Marshall (no, not our Marshall) Mathers promote their new M+M division.

74 '02- M2 under construction by SnailPace Restoration, Inc.

88 M3 unmodified when retired from track

97 332is CrewCab (M3/4/5 )

99 MCoupe-- track rat