• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trustworthy glass in SF Bay Area? (East or SouthBay)

SteveJ

I need glass work done on two cars, possibly four. For fun, I went on the Safelite web site to see what their quotes were.

For a 1972 2002, they charge $345. That includes glass, labor, and seal & trim. Seems like a good deal.

Then I type in a 1983 320i. They charge $1425. For that price I'd stab in a piece of lexan and then buy a brand new dash for the 2002.

I tried to type in the 1988 M3 and they said they needed me to talk with a customer rep to go any further. That's just a glue in sheet. The old glass is already out, and I already have a new trim seal for it.

The MINI needs a small crack repair. I imagine it will cost more than the car is worth.

I keep getting flyers in the mail for various glass places, but who do you trust? No insurance claims on any of these.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

I forgot the guys name but the owner of campbell glass down in campbell (south bay) is an old 2002 owner and knows his glass stuff I think he's been there for 30 + years . I took my 71 to him and he did it right, don't go to the cheap glass place around the corner from him though that guy sucks he messed up my car

1971- 02-Malaga -(Ginger)- 2nd owner

1973-02- chamonix (sold)

pardon any grammatical errors in my posts, im probably on my cell phone.