• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2002: the tenth best car of all time

lazerfred

I'm sure someone else has already posted this, but in case they haven't, Edmunds just named the 2002 the TENTH GREATEST CAR OF ALL TIME! Suck on it Lambo Miura (number 11).

http://www.insideline.com/features/the-100-greatest-cars-of-all-time.html

And a reminder, if you have checked out my documentary short about BMW in the 1970s and their unfortunate association with terrorism, check it out here:

What a story I have

The gang was spotted in Erlangen. I was going to Pender barracks Nurnberg. orange Tii Touring in full song well over the 100 k limit. Kontrolle! oh shit radar trap there goes the license they are not going to like my shift form 3rd to 4th at 160 k.

I'm in uniform ODG this kid of 17-18 sticks a uzzi in my window.I now refuse to speak any German. The beat cop who writes me my parking tickets In the old city where I live and knows that my German is fluent. Tells me they are looking for the gang to slow down and to drive on in German. I tell that I do not speak German. He looks at the kid . Pushes the gun out of my face asked do you speak German now.I answer Ja!

I was not getting shot for speeding .

Thanks old friend and thanks for the next parking ticket too.

3421912 ask john

Red Baron a 74 sedanw/ dual webers ,spring,steins,bars. body shop for a full make over

Red Baroness a 71 1600 touring new to me and on the street in Limburg

Old Reliable a 93 318 m42's are soooo cool

you owned or were "intimate" with a merc 300SL gullwing? You're kidding right? I touched one once, in the Mercedes museum in Stuttgart. Got yelled at by an officious security guard. That might count as intimate for me...

By my count you've had three different cars with "300" in their names... must be your lucky number.

For me it's number 10 (obviously), number 57 (the 5 liter mustang)... and my ex-wife's dad used to have a mint 1962 beetle that I drove all the time, so I guess you could say number 4.

But it looks like they didn't have room for the 1974 ford maverick or the 1964 ford falcon, so my list ends at three.

#10 Currently own. ('02)

#26 I owned an '81 Rabbit S from early '83 until late '89.

#46 My son has a beater '93 Camry which used to be my mother's.

#77 We bought an '01 Taurus wagon new. It was destroyed in a wreck last summer. (had 175K mi. at the time) I bought Mary another '01 Taurus wagon off of CL. She is very happy with it!

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

It'll be in the mail tomorrow!

Keep in mind; if you do like I did and put it on your rear passenger window--there is NO easy way to quickly explain the the sticker to McDonald's drive through staff. The more you get into what it means, the more you see them stepping gently away from the window.

Also, the same goes for cops; a tip from someone who's been there... DON'T say "oh it just means that I'm not a terrorist."

Cops usually aren't history buffs and they tend to not have much of a sense of humor...