• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1974 BMW 2002. SOLD.

1dollar93

SOLD!!

For sale is my rust free 1974 BMW 2002. Chamonix with Blue Interior. Non-sunroof, Non-A/C, 4 Speed manual. 46,000 miles, verified by the title and receipts. The car was stored until 2000 and then put back on the road with extensive services performed - All seals and fluid, transmission was repaired with new clutch and starter, points, plugs, brakes and tires. Original interior, basic aftermarket stereo/cassette head unit with speakers. The cooling system has been addressed and the car does not get over 3/4 up the temp gauge, even in 100 degree valley heat. Both windows lower and rise without issue and seal tight. Vent windows all work correctly and seal as well.

This has been a California/Nevada car its entire life, and is dry as a bone. Prior to my purchase it was garage kept and covered, so there is no rust in the shock towers, none in the wings, none in the fenders. This was important to me when purchasing and I am pleased to say that this one is a true survivor.

I have a stack of receipts for all work performed since 2000. Some highlights:

Fresh respray in Chamonix, around 10 years old. 9/10.

New water pump

Starter

Valve cover gaskets

Rebuilt Solex carburetor

New front discs and pads

New engine mounts, etc.

The car is a fantastic driver, I have been using it daily on my 30 mile round trip commute in Sacramento.

A few issues:

The car does burn oil, around 1QT/1000 miles. Does not leak.

Synchros worn in 2nd gear.

I am selling the car because I am going to be going back to school soon, and I need a car that can withstand a university parking lot. Owning a 2002 has been a dream of mine, but my life is changing and I would like to see this car to go to a good home. This 2002 gets a lot of looks and is a great conversation starter, and is a trusty daily driver.

Included in the sale will be a "Personal" brand wood wheel, Sheepskin seat covers and car cover. Please see more photos: http://photobucket.com/Chamonix1974

For fastest results please call: 415-694-0829. Thanks!

DSC_0067.jpg

DSC_0068.jpg

DSC_0069.jpg

DSC_0070.jpg

DSC_0075.jpg

DSC_0076.jpg[/img]

Edited by 1dollar93