• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Beware this ebay seller!!!!

LarryE10E20

Hi all -

I want to give everyone a heads up about an ebay seller- kcigermany - that I've had a major problem with. He's got a number of interesting and rare BMW parts. But listen to my story before you deal with him.

I bought (via "buy it now", so I paid his full asking price) a kidney grille for my 3.0CS in late July, with an estimated delivery date of August 15th. On August 8th, I sent him an email asking if the part had been shipped yet and, if so, requesting any tracking information he had so I could follow its journey. I received an email back saying that he would check with his shipping department and get back to me. A week later, on the estimated arrival date, I had no part and had never received any further communication. So I emailed again with the same question. A few days later I get a response saying, once again, that he would check with his shippers and get back to me. Guess what... No response.

So now a month has passed and I send him a third email, saying I wanted my money back or I would initiate the dispute process with ebay. No response. Only when I disputed the transaction with ebay and MasterCard did I finally hear back from him saying that no one knew where the part was but that it was the shipper's fault. ( One lesson here is that even if you use PayPal, have it paid from your credit card because they will help you).

Now he's furious that I left him negative feedback, as if he had done something to be proud of by returning my money for goods he failed to deliver only after MasterCard and ebay pressured him to do so.

There are plenty of great ebay sellers out there. kcigermany doesn't seem to be one of them. Deal with him at your own peril.

Larry

'73 tii

'73 3.0 CS

'23 M2

• 6 months later...
Guest Anonymous

Kcigermany seems to be a good seller as we bought several items from them and all was fine and shipped in time, they have a lot of rare items listed on Ebay. Thumbs up

I bought an item from Kcigermany a while ago with no issues. But was talking to a new FAQer this morning about him. Bought some Euro turns for 350 that ended up being US turns. Here's the eBay ad. I'll let Khai chime in if he wants to vent...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&rt=nc&nma=true&item=360397595258&si=XrF6f1cRLUVa3%252F9vO6NJqhtWURg%253D&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME%3AX%3ARTQ%3AMOTORS%3A1123&vxp=mtr&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Ray

73 Chamonix-S14 powered

Elefant Supply Apparel & more O=00=O

faq sig

Hmm...

The ad says it is a US set. Perhaps this was a recent edit?

Byas

It doesn't specifically state they are US spec, it says it fits US cars and can be installed in EURO cars. At best, the ad is ambiguous, and the angle of the picture does not show they are US spec, so it would definitely warrant an email asking about it.

I am a high volume seller on eBay and have learned through the years to be VERY specific on stuff you sell, so this listing is lacking in my opinion.

There are always ways to handle this, the buyer may take a hit for the shipping charges, but they can be returned (even if it says that they can't)

Cheers

Edward

76 BMW 2002 Arktisblau M42 5 spd - Born 5.21.76 - daily money pit * 06 Aston Martin V8 Vantage 6 spd * 73 Mustang Convertible 351C * 11 Aston Martin Rapide V12 * 15 VW Touareg * 23 Audi e-tron SUV (wife's)

sig_banner.jpg.5aeae468aebf7c560d52fe62d249efbd.jpg

Kcigermany seems to be a good seller as we bought several items from them and all was fine and shipped in time, they have a lot of rare items listed on Ebay. Thumbs up

why is your profile hidden?

1976 2002 Custom Dk Blue w/ Pearl

1975 2002A Sahara (sold Feb 2008)

SiteNamecopy.jpg

Hmm...

Byas

The ad reads that way to me as a US set too but the pic is definitely a Euro set. At 350, it's right in that sweet spot that it's too much for US lenses and a good deal for a Euros. IMO, kcigermany knows his BMW parts and is vague in his description to maybe bait a newbie. One obviously bit....as most of us in the know would have email for clarification. It's not my transaction so I won't get into specifics except to say he's not offering a refund.

Edit: Oh, and if you are a newbie, you may not know the difference between the 2 except that you want a flat turn signal and that's what's pictured. ok, I'm done.

Ray

73 Chamonix-S14 powered

Elefant Supply Apparel & more O=00=O

faq sig

why is your profile hidden?

Bit suss I'd say.

6780296635_13fa58faa3_b.jpg

72tii - Whitey

74 - Blacky

Agree, while the text to me indicates a US set, the pic shows the flat ones. The early US ones were flat but it's not those either. Seller's feedback shows other instances of item not matching picture. You friend should post a negative experience comment (none in past 3 mos).

B

Hmm...

Byas

The ad reads that way to me as a US set too but the pic is definitely a Euro set. At 350, it's right in that sweet spot that it's too much for US lenses and a good deal for a Euros. IMO, kcigermany knows his BMW parts and is vague in his description to maybe bait a newbie. One obviously bit....as most of us in the know would have email for clarification. It's not my transaction so I won't get into specifics except to say he's not offering a refund.

Edit: Oh, and if you are a newbie, you may not know the difference between the 2 except that you want a flat turn signal and that's what's pictured. ok, I'm done.