• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB: Plastic Sleeve on Fuel Sender Outlet Tube

mcaden

On my '73 2002 there is a plastic sleeve that covers the outlet brass tube from the fuel sender. If you are not familiar with the plastic sleeve, you can see it in this picture (click to enlarge the picture) located at this link: http://vdoshop.com/vdo-15690151-B001HQQ27G-VDO_Fuel_Level_Sending_Unit.html

WTB an intact plastic sleeve without cracks for my fuel sender. Please email me directly: marccaden@yahoo.com

Thanks,

Marc

'73 2002 (Agave) - Horst

Try Blunt or Maximillian or any BMW dealer. Go with new, they are cheap.

HTH

Are you sure? I looked into this and was advised that the part is not sold separately from the fuel sender. My fuel sender works fine... so I don't need to purchase the entire unit. If you have a part no or aware of someone that sells the plastic sleeve new, please post. Thanks.

-Marc

'73 2002 (Agave) - Horst

Try Blunt or Maximillian or any BMW dealer. Go with new, they are cheap.

HTH

Are you sure? I looked into this and was advised that the part is not sold separately from the fuel sender. My fuel sender works fine... so I don't need to purchase the entire unit. If you have a part no or aware of someone that sells the plastic sleeve new, please post. Thanks.

-Marc

My mistake! Sorry, I thought the desired part was the o-ring. Do you know the purpose of that sleeve? Is it simply to adapt hose size to return fitting?

Good luck with your search.

1973 tii, agave, since 1992

1973 tii block 2763759

1967 Mustang GT fastback, since 1986

1999 Toyota 4Runner, 5 speed, ELocker, Supercharged

• 2 weeks later...

alternate option. step down the fuel line size to one that fits. use a male-male hose adaptor from a race or plumbing parts place to go from 8mm(5/16ths) to 6mm(1/4).

all that sleeve does is fill the gap between the small brass fiting and the 8mm hose.

can also use 7mm fuel line. snug it down hard at the pickup and stretch it a bit at the other end.

2xM3