• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question for LSD do you like your lsd ? and is it worh it

Guest Anonymous

Jim,

I acquired the car in 2002. It was purchased in Atlanta, then had major modifications completed at Korman Motorworks to compete in autox. It has a Stage III Rally engine, but with original block and head (E12), with 2.15 liters, due to a stroker crank. The engine has 11.8:1 compression, Schrick 316 cam, special crank, rods & pistons, lots of competition head hardware, remote oil filter plus oil cooler, twin Weber 45s, MSD, mechanical advance distributor, and light flywheel. I will be installing a new Stahl header with a large collector to use with the Turbo exhaust.

The car has 250mm rear drums with Porterfield R4S shoes, Volvo/Girling calipers with Porterfield R4S pads, E21 vented rotors, modified struts (at the bottom) to provide neg. camber, plus adjustable mounts top-side, coil overs on shortened strut housings, Stage II 5" dia. springs in the rear that were cut down some, adjustable rear suspension w/boxed trailing arms, Bilstein Sports, big sway bars, eurathane bushings..and much, much more.

Jim,

I acquired the car in 2002. It was purchased in Atlanta, then had major modifications completed at Korman Motorworks to compete in autox. It has a Stage III Rally engine, but with original block and head (E12), with 2.15 liters, due to a stroker crank. The engine has 11.8:1 compression, Schrick 316 cam, special crank, rods & pistons, lots of competition head hardware, remote oil filter plus oil cooler, twin Weber 45s, MSD, mechanical advance distributor, and light flywheel. I will be installing a new Stahl header with a large collector to use with the Turbo exhaust.

The car has 250mm rear drums with Porterfield R4S shoes, Volvo/Girling calipers with Porterfield R4S pads, E21 vented rotors, modified struts (at the bottom) to provide neg. camber, plus adjustable mounts top-side, coil overs on shortened strut housings, Stage II 5" dia. springs in the rear that were cut down some, adjustable rear suspension w/boxed trailing arms, Bilstein Sports, big sway bars, eurathane bushings..and much, much more.

Sounds wonderful. Thanks for sharing.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

Um, at the time my friends and I had a ton of fun with LSD.... but as I look back 15+ years later..... OH, not thaaaat LSD ;b...

YES it's very worth it! A relatively simple 320i 3.90 25% Limited Slip Differential is the way to go. I like to bolt them in using '79 only 320i CV joints as these do not require the diff output flanges to be drilled AND do not need spacers!

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,57/page,viewtopic/t,324697/highlight,joint/

Two FAQers usually have one or two to sell... DaveO and ShermanMartinez.

Cheers and HTH,

Tom Jones

BMW wrench for 30 years, BMWCCA since 1984 at age 9
66 BMW16oo stored, 67 1600-2 lifelong project, 2 more 67-8 1600s, 86 528e 5sp 586k, 91 318i
Mom&Dad's, 65 1800TiSA, 70 2800, 72 2002Tii 2760007 orig owners, 15 Z4 N20