• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Jabberjaw" returns to the Bay Area

Delia

Ex-Alvin Tan's E9 coupe showed up in Burlingame, CA this afternoon. It's been sold a couple times and driven some distance. Not a trailer queen by any stretch of the imagination, it arrived here under its own power. Alvin reportedly still has his '74 2002 Turbo and is still MIA.

post-169-13667648529302_thumb.jpg

1973 2002tii - gone

Inka (aka "Orange Julius")

1974 2002tii - gone

Polaris (aka "Mae West")

1991 318is (aka) "O'Hara")

Brillantrot - High Visibility Daily Driver

BMW CCA #1974 (one of the 308)

deliawolfe@gmail.com

I don't understand why he put all that money into the car and then just sold it.

He probably needed to re-coupe some of that dough...

I believe he was in real estate. Who knows what happened but I know he spent on a ton on at least 4 cars. I used to work in the music industry and whenever I saw something like that I was conditioned to think "drugs" but who knows. I just can't understand building a car and then selling it straight away.

I bought Jabberjaw as the perfect car to drive. I have a few other coupes, low mile original, and two csls that I don't drive much. I think this will be perfect as a weekend driver, and for driving events. Once it got here I realized that although Alvin did a great job, the interior needed to be fixed before I would be happy. New wood, recovering a few bits, new headliner, new stereo, new air conditioning and then a megasquirt conversion to handle the extemes of temp/altitude we have up here. It should be sweet. I drove the car out from UT with my 12 yo son and had a blast. I'll pick it up in Oct I hope when I'm driving out with some friends for a great week of driving to Half Moon Bay then down Highway1 to Newport Beach and Cars n Coffee before heading home. I'm driving out in our carrera gt but I can't wait to get back in the coupe.

I still have my tii as well.

ccr[/img]

1973 polaris/blue 2002tii 2763408

1973 3.0 CS ceylon/black 2240405

2000 G500

2002 Ferrari 456MGT

I'll pick it up in Oct I hope when I'm driving out with some friends for a great week of driving to Half Moon Bay then down Highway1 to Newport Beach and Cars n Coffee before heading home.

ccr

Make it Saturday, October 29th and you can join us at the SoCal Vintage BMW meet in Van Nuys. If not, maybe I can catch you as you pass through Santa Barbara.

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours