• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

02 for Sale in Vancouver, BC

dinosaurcourt

I'm interested in selling my 1976 2002. I traded a Lambretta scooter for it a couple of years back and have just never found the time or the passion to really work on the project. I'm not very knowledgeable about it so I'll give my best description and attempt to answer any questions anyone has.

The car runs well but currently has not been on the road in over a year. In fact in the 2.5 years I've owned it I've only had it on the road about two weeks. The car has some light surface rust, but I haven't detected anything that would be a difficult fix. There is no rust on the strut towers which I've been told can be an issue with these cars. The car is from California originally, and has not been out in the rainy Vancouver winters. It's currently stored in my underground parking garage.

Issues I noticed when I had it out last year.

Car starts great when cold but struggles somewhat to start when warm. I believe this is a tuning issue and my Father (mechanic for more than 40 years agrees). Once running when hot things seem just fine. Right rear passenger side tire has a slow leak. How slow? It's been sitting almost 18 moths and it's still not flat.

Needs a new hose (whichever one carries hydraulic fluid to the clutch).

Had some work done last year, including having a new choke installed which greatly improved the starting and running of the car, at least when it was cold.

Oh, the car is Orange by the way.

At any rate, I realize I haven't given nearly enough information for anyone to make a decision here, and my impression has been that most forum members are American here. However, if I've given enough to get anyone's interest please feel free to get in touch with me to discuss viewing the car.

I've discussed selling the car with the 02 mechanic who worked on it previously and with it's previous owner, both of whom suggested an asking price of $4000 cdn would be fair and sensible. I'm somewhat flexible on this, but at this point if it seems like there is no real market for the car I may elect to just keep it as I'm not dying for the money, and it costs me nothing to just let it sit in my garage.

Thanks for your time. If anyone would like pictures please email me at dinosaurcourt@gmail.com and I'll get some out to you as soon as I can.