• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hey, Dayton area guys

KFunk

What's up with this coupe I saw in Yellow Springs? It looked really nice, but then I noticed the jackstands... and then I saw lots of damage from a sideswipe on the driver's side...

Oh, and I threw in a pic of the beautiful Belairo I spotted in Chillicothe. :)

post-461-13667648545767_thumb.jpg

post-461-13667648547542_thumb.jpg

Bring a Welder

1974 2002, 1965 Datsun L320 truck, 1981 Yamaha XS400, 1983 Yamaha RX50, 1992 Miata Miata drivetrain waiting on a Locost frame, 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser

I've not seen it running around Dayton and I don't think it belongs to an active CCA member...

How badly damaged was the driver's side?

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

I've not seen it running around Dayton and I don't think it belongs to an active CCA member...

How badly damaged was the driver's side?

mike

It needed some fairly major body work on the door and fender. I'm not sure why I didn't get a pic of that side. Maybe because I was walking with Lindsey's family, and they probably thought it was weird that I was taking pictures of some old car. But it seemed like a shame for such a nice, clean looking car. It was in a parking lot behind the gas station in the middle of Yellow Springs (the one that's near HaHa Pizza, kinda in the middle of the Y).

Bring a Welder

1974 2002, 1965 Datsun L320 truck, 1981 Yamaha XS400, 1983 Yamaha RX50, 1992 Miata Miata drivetrain waiting on a Locost frame, 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser

This coupe makes me think of Steve Bingham's wonderful Baikal coupe. However, I doubt that he lets his get bashed or left out in the rain! Steve's bimmer is an award winner. He lives in Kettering, btw. I don't know who owns the one in this photo though...

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

It looks like it hasn't moved in awhile. Here's a pic I took a couple of weeks ago when we were at the Corner Cone with the kids.

Karl

Hah, I guess we think alike. Yes, we were also walking to the Corner Cone when we saw it. Now thta I see your closer picture, it looks like it is actually the passenger side that got bashed up.

Bring a Welder