• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Great beer from Bells in Michigan

jgerock

I have sampled one of the Bell's beers a few years ago after sitting next to a woman at the Louisville KY airport telling me about this brand - her husband was a chef who incorporated beer into his recipes. Not sure where I sampled it, but wondered when I would try it again.

Looking thru the Sunday sale ads for our local Safeway, I picked up a 6-pack of this Summer Ale from Bell's in Comstock, MI. Very smooth.

IMG_6297.jpg

IMG_6298.jpg

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

I've been sampling some of the Lagunitas beers while I wrench on the cars this summer. (There. Car content) Unfortunately, they don't bottle their Brown Suga beer.

I picked up their Little Sumpin' ale.

Didn't read the label.

Tasted the beer- pretty hoppy.

Had a few more sips- Very hoppy.

Read the label and saw the ingerdients:

"Hops, Malt, Hops, Yeast, Hops, Hops, Water, and Hops"

I put this one a notch below Racer 5 for hoppy-ness. I like hops, I just have to be in the mood for them.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

I've been sampling some of the Lagunitas beers while I wrench on the cars this summer. (There. Car content) Unfortunately, they don't bottle their Brown Suga beer.

I picked up their Little Sumpin' ale.

Didn't read the label.

Tasted the beer- pretty hoppy.

Had a few more sips- Very hoppy.

Read the label and saw the ingerdients:

"Hops, Malt, Hops, Yeast, Hops, Hops, Water, and Hops"

I put this one a notch below Racer 5 for hoppy-ness. I like hops, I just have to be in the mood for them.

Yes, they do bottle Brown Suga. I've bought it here in Athens, Ohio. It was pretty good. I'm not a fan of the Lil Sumpin Wild, though. At least they put lots of alcohol in it.

For Bell's, the Oberon is pretty good. But if you want one of the best beers out there, see if you can find their Expedition Stout. Seriously, it's amazing. If you can't find the Expedition Stout, then their more widely available and more affordable Kalamazoo Stout is really good as well. If you don't like dark beer, then stay away from it. But beers like the Expedition Stout are so tasty that you don't realize it's a dark beer.

Bring a Welder

1974 2002, 1965 Datsun L320 truck, 1981 Yamaha XS400, 1983 Yamaha RX50, 1992 Miata Miata drivetrain waiting on a Locost frame, 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser

IMHO if your gonna go Bells, then there is only their Two Hearted Ale.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

And as SteveK says, "if a man cooks, he puts in extra of the good ingredients. Therefor, an IPA is a man beer."

John

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

And as SteveK says, "if a man cooks, he puts in extra of the good ingredients. Therefor, an IPA is a man beer."

John

If you're gonna go IPA, then just go Dogfish Head 90 minute (or 120 if you can find it), or one of a number of black IPAs. :)

Bring a Welder

1974 2002, 1965 Datsun L320 truck, 1981 Yamaha XS400, 1983 Yamaha RX50, 1992 Miata Miata drivetrain waiting on a Locost frame, 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

John

damn! beat me to it! Two hearted is one of my favs. Great Lakes Burning river is tops on my list.

If you like that oberon, try Holy Moses ale by Great lakes. it's scrumptious!

-Ryan

'75 Pastelblau - "Ol Blue"

#2367005 Born July 10th 1975

Don't get me wrong I LOVE all the beers mentioned. But the two Hearted Ale is better than the 60 min and I just think the 90 and 120 are just too heavy on the alcohol. Like GLB Lake Erie Monster, great tast but too much fuel.

Mmmmm Two hearted Ale.

Had to settle for Dose Equis Lager here tonight in LAS.

John

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades