• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Speedo guage re-build

Biemenstien

Speed O Meter Service Co. 5801 W. Villard Ave. Milwaukee , wi. 53218

414-463-6660. Does mostly Harley Davidson but also does lots of other mechanical gauges. Good guy. Familiar with VDO stuff.

CarlkkinMadCity

'74 ex-malaga 8 yr. driving restoration

4-spd, recaros, front bbk, I.E. bars+.s.exhaust. heater refurb(thanks Kieth), total motor rebuild 175 mi ago

(thanks Steve P., Jeff I.)

3 years ago, North Hollywood Speedo quoted me $130 to $160 for a rebuild on a speedo/odo. I can't recall what the final amount was, but it wasn't considerably more or less, as that would have stuck in my memory.

It was nice to have an accurate speedo and odo.

Any idea what the other sources quote for their services?

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

Depending upon the year of your car's speedo and also what type of differential you're running. You can get a brand new late style (cross-hair) speedo that's calibrated (W=1.393) for a 3.91 differential new from Walloth & Nesch for around $100 the last time I checked. Works great if you don't care about keeping track of the original mileage that's on your old speedo and you're running a 3.91 diff. That's what I ended up doing on my '74 tii after I got tired of getting the original speedo fixed and recalibrated.

Another speedo repair place in the Bay Area is Palo Alto Speedometer:

http://www.paspeedo.com/

I don't know what the going rate is for getting a speedo rebuilt these days, but it was more than $100 when I last had one rebuilt over 5 years ago...

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️