• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Alpina Z8 at my customer today

jgerock

I visited a customer in Winchester, VA today to review some new projects. Right at the front entrance was parked a silver Alpina Z8! My sales rep. said it was the owner's car and he loves his toys.

Looked similar to this Z8 except for lighter paint color and different wheels that had (5) sets of 4-thin spokes with Alpina center caps.

12337d67.jpg

While walking thru the plant (they make large plastic containers and waste baskets), there was a sunken bay door and section to park trailers inside. There were three cars in there connected to Battery tenders:

Black Ford Mustang Cobra (new body style)

Silver M-B E-class Touring

White Lotus Evora (I think)

Sorry - no pics :-(.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

Looked similar to this Z8 except for lighter paint color and different wheels that had (5) sets of 4-thin spokes with Alpina center caps.

Here's a Z8 with Alpina wheels currently for sale:

http://www.munichevo.com/carlot/detail/305/2000/BMW/Z8

Those wheels really make the car

1966 2000ti Chamonix - old racer, new project

1967 1600 Bristol - stock as a rock

1976 2002 Pastellblau - Alpina tribute

Parts For Sale - The Paddock

I was driving the '02 down PCH near Newport one Sunday morning and kept looking in my mirror at a bimmer a couple hundred yards back. Hmm... a Z4? No... Z3? ...No. Ah, yep, Z8!

He was coming up pretty quick and I nailed the gas to keep some distance (and give him an earful -- his top was down!).

We stopped at a light, him turning left. I looked at him and said "nice BMW." He said, "yeah, just two BMW's out for a drive today" (referring to mine).

Heheheh!

Cheers,

Ray

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

A client of mine has an Alpina Z8 that just about never leaves his garage, only towed to SF every once in a while for servicing. His daily is an Alpina B7 with custom plates that say "UBER7". He is a big car nut which being an orthopedic surgeon supports very nicely.

-John

76 Verona 2002

74 Sahara 2002