• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Death of a fellow FAQer

srnoncom

I just wanted to let those that have bought, sold and chatted with Daniel "Mark" Andrews....that he passed last week from an unknown cause.

His knowledge and laughter will be missed!

R.I.P. Mark!

1974 BMW 2002 Polaris and Chamonix

1969 Chevy Chevelle

www.austinsynthetics.com

** Independent Amsoil Dealer **

Although I haven't personally talked to Daniel, its always sad to lose a fellow 02'er and a friend of friends. May he rest in peace and condolences go out to his family and friends.

1971- 02-Malaga -(Ginger)- 2nd owner

1973-02- chamonix (sold)

pardon any grammatical errors in my posts, im probably on my cell phone.

Oh no! This is terrible news. I just saw him last month. He said he was on a medical leave from work but he looked great to me. I met his son and his son's 2002.

Mark was a great guy. We've exchanged a bunch of parts together between Los Angeles and San Francisco.

My heart goes out to his family.

-josh

1972 Malaga (according to DMV) 2002. (Manufactured in '71)

http://www.beemersandbits.com

'77 BMW R100S '73 BMW Cafe bike  1966 Triumph T100C  1966 R90/2 BMW Sidecar Rig  1956 MV Agusta Turismo Rapido

Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry to hear this. I just bought a part from him less than a month ago. After the fact he emailed to tell me that his estimate for shipping was a little off and that he had refunded the difference. Classy guy.

1974 polaris A 4281992 (total resto with 5-spd conversion)

1976 jadegrun 2744974 (sold then killed by the new owner, grrrr!)

1976 sahara A 2392532 (sold)

1971 nevada 2571108(RIP)

Guest Anonymous
Il take the 02 out for him today

My condoloscence go out to his family and friends,i have never delt with him myself either but its been a sad year as I myself have lost 3family members ,so my condolescences to his family and friends,i think we should all take our cars out this weekend and take pics and post with a black arm band or black ribon as memory to him as we did for my uncle when he passed.

sylvio

I never met or had the chance to chat with Daniel. Nevertheless, I feel that as a community, we are all lessened by his passing.

Condolences to Daniel's family, friends, and those who knew him through this forum.

A Memorial Drive, while a GREAT idea, is something that few of us are able to participate in due to our proximity to Nor Cal.

Yet, I think it would be nice to do something in rememberance of Daniel. Might I suggest a 15 minute moratorium on posting to this site to coincide with the date/start of the Memorial Drive ??

Perhaps the organizers of the drive can keep us informed and we can start another thread with the details.

Show of hands ??

Cheers!

1976 BMW 2002

1990 BMW 325is (newest addition)

1990 Porsche 964 C4 Cabriolet

I know Mark was in the process of fixing up a late 2002 for his son. It may be too soon but perhaps somebody might want to leave a note on his son's 02 offering to lend a hand with the car. He lives in the sunset district of SF.

Or, and i hope this isn't in bad taste, if you guys go for a memorial drive, maybe you want to put Mark's house on your route. It might be warming to see a caravan of 2002's honk their horns as they drive by the house.

Unfortunately, me and my 02 lives 500 miles away so i can't help out too much with any of this.

1972 Malaga (according to DMV) 2002. (Manufactured in '71)

http://www.beemersandbits.com

'77 BMW R100S '73 BMW Cafe bike  1966 Triumph T100C  1966 R90/2 BMW Sidecar Rig  1956 MV Agusta Turismo Rapido

Or, and i hope this isn't in bad taste, if you guys go for a memorial drive, maybe you want to put Mark's house on your route. It might be warming to see a caravan of 2002's honk their horns as they drive by the house.

Now that is a great idea.

1974 polaris A 4281992 (total resto with 5-spd conversion)

1976 jadegrun 2744974 (sold then killed by the new owner, grrrr!)

1976 sahara A 2392532 (sold)

1971 nevada 2571108(RIP)