• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Level stance?

Knapmann

Yep, look at the photo and said "england".... confirmed by the steering wheel!

3410619 - 74 1802 Verona Touring

3460120 - 74 Verona Touring....... (Sold) sent off to LA.

2760306 - Ultimate driving machine Skidmark 204 car. 72 Inka (Sold)

Formerly the old and slow division of Skidmark Racing. 

Also noticed an anomaly with your steering wheel placement.

Actually what you have noticed there is a more accurate and sensible placement of the steering wheel :) Scientific studies have shown it to be safer :) Throughout history most people and places drove on the left including the U.S. but at some point around 1776 you lost your way :)

Yep, look at the photo and said "england".... confirmed by the steering wheel!

Yes we make house out of things called bricks, they're good when it gets windy :)

Thanks for the input guy's I'm going to try and level it out by raising the back end, I'm quite happy with the front ride height. I may get some new shocks too.

might have missed that someone said it, but the front arches are more cut out than the rear ones, so a level car looks like it's dragging its rear a bit.

I had that with my touring too, what helped was installing the pads in the rear.

Here's the difference between the one dot and the three dot:

IMG_0167.jpg

http://touringmm.blogspot.com/2011/04/blog-post_29.html

i wish i had made a picture side by side of them like the one with the two dots above.

That brings it up just that little fraction it needs to look low but not sagging.

Here's the difference between the one dot and the three dot:

IMG_0167.jpg

http://touringmm.blogspot.com/2011/04/blog-post_29.html

i wish i had made a picture side by side of them like the one with the two dots above.

That brings it up just that little fraction it needs to look low but not sagging.

Page 76 of Mike Macartney's Restoration book has a picture of all (3) rubber spacers.

1 dot = 10mm lift

2 dot = 15mm

3 dot = 20 mm

On the same page, he mentions the aluminum front strut spacers (20mm and 10mm thicknesses).

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

Explained based on SCIENTIFIC (yeah, right) fact: I took the OP picture, and drew some parallel lines. The base line was the beltline molding.

From there we see that the front wheel arch is actually higher than the rear.

Then we see that the last line for the rocker molding is higher in front than in back. This could be caused by the angle of the picture. I am just to lazy to go and actually measure.

So there. That's my story and I'm stickin to it.....

post-8235-13667649299983_thumb.jpg

76 BMW 2002 Arktisblau M42 5 spd - Born 5.21.76 - daily money pit * 06 Aston Martin V8 Vantage 6 spd * 73 Mustang Convertible 351C * 11 Aston Martin Rapide V12 * 15 VW Touareg * 23 Audi e-tron SUV (wife's)

sig_banner.jpg.5aeae468aebf7c560d52fe62d249efbd.jpg

If the wheels and tires are the same size, your lines are not parallel to the car.

Look at the wheel hubs.

;-)

Cheers,

Ray

Explained based on SCIENTIFIC (yeah, right) fact: I took the OP picture, and drew some parallel lines. The base line was the beltline molding.

From there we see that the front wheel arch is actually higher than the rear.

Then we see that the last line for the rocker molding is higher in front than in back. This could be caused by the angle of the picture. I am just to lazy to go and actually measure.

So there. That's my story and I'm stickin to it.....

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

just thort id throw my 02 cents in,mine sits the same but a touch lower,i tryed to level it up buy dropping the front but the prob i had was the front tire would rub on the top of the guard mainly in hard cornering and bumps on the road,you are right about the chrome belt line how that sits level and you can see the under side of the car does show the same its just the fender lip on the back covers the top of the tyre more than on the front(probably for steering clearance)and yes if you have a couple of people in the back as i do you geta truck load of neg. camber so if sitting level while driving is also your goal then harder springs.but as a few people have pointed out handling should also be high on your priority list as it is on mine.good luck

73' 2002tii roundie cr 5spd 2751420

If the wheels and tires are the same size, your lines are not parallel to the car.

Look at the wheel hubs.

I used horizontal guidelines to draw the lines. Placed the first guideline and rotated the picture so that the beltline trim would match the first line.

I then drew the other lines on guidelines as well, so the lines are perfectly parallel to each other.

The car in the original picture may be a little skewed because of the angle of the picture, but the lines are in the correct place.

76 BMW 2002 Arktisblau M42 5 spd - Born 5.21.76 - daily money pit * 06 Aston Martin V8 Vantage 6 spd * 73 Mustang Convertible 351C * 11 Aston Martin Rapide V12 * 15 VW Touareg * 23 Audi e-tron SUV (wife's)

sig_banner.jpg.5aeae468aebf7c560d52fe62d249efbd.jpg