• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB: Cylinder head (no particular one)

KFunk

I need a good, solid head. Either rebuildable, or fully built, as long as it's not cracked and is around 128.5 mm thick or thicker (so I have room for another planing or two for when I do dumb things in the future).

No particular casting, since I'll be replacing pistons anyways. A later head (but before injector ports) would be best, but a E12 or 121 would be fine too. I could deal with plugging injector ports in a later head if it's a good enough deal.

Ideally I want something fully rebuilt eventually, with a 292 cam, and any other goodies like high-perf rockers, which I'd give somewhere in the $500 range or higher for it if it's already built very well.

But, any solid core would be fine, and I can take care of the rest of the machining and building myself. I figure around $100 range for something that has enough thickness but needs gone through.

I'd go somewhere in the middle of that if it's a mix of the good stuff I want.

I'm in southeast Ohio (45701), so that may be a problem for some that aren't comfortable with shipping. But, I've looked up lots of tips for packing them. It just takes 3" of bubble wrap inside a tightly fitting box, or wrapping it with plastic bags and surrounding it with expanding foam, or simply wrapping it in several layers of cardboard. You also just need to take several pics of your packing materials to make sure shipping insurance will cover you. I'll pay for whatever packing materials it takes, and the cost of shipping (which actually shouldn't be too bad).

I'd be willing to pick up the head myself within a 3 to 4 hour drive from here, and I will be heading west to Lafayette, IN this weekend, and upstate New York in a couple weeks, if anyone is over there.

(My apologies to Mike _B, but I'm curious if I have any better options before I drag my girlfriend along for a trip up to Chicago to pick up your 121 core while I'm in Indiana this coming weekend. She initially was all for it, but now it's sounding like it could become very unpleasant for me, eeek!)

Thanks all! I need to finally get my 02 back rock solid and fast. My old head has been been warped/machined too much in the past, and it's time for a fresh start with a real cam and pistons.

E-mail me, funkk@ohio.edu

Bring a Welder

1974 2002, 1965 Datsun L320 truck, 1981 Yamaha XS400, 1983 Yamaha RX50, 1992 Miata Miata drivetrain waiting on a Locost frame, 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser

i have several- one im sure is rebuilt- complete-clean- e12- im in upstate NY-

Which town are you in? Please e-mail me at funkk@ohio.edu, and any more details you can (price, thickness, etc.)

Bring a Welder

1974 2002, 1965 Datsun L320 truck, 1981 Yamaha XS400, 1983 Yamaha RX50, 1992 Miata Miata drivetrain waiting on a Locost frame, 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser