• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flashlights

JackF

I'm looking at specs on a Surefire flashlight. Big bucks for these things, but a really good light is, well, a really good light. Any models you all are using that you like for a specific purpose. I'm not looking for a light for a pistol or shotgun, just a really good compact light.

I have a Duracell Daylight. The version run off of 3 C's is the best.

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

I have a Duracell Daylight. The version run off of 3 C's is the best.

Agreed. I keep a 2 "C" Duracell Daylight in my 2002. Its small and the light output is great, more than the big MAG lights.

If you really want a Surefire grab a G2 LED. I had one and its great. They are reasonably priced and good quality. But CR123 batteries cost alot of $$. Im gonna be purchasing a Streamlight Protac for a home defence/tactical light next week. It has 3 light modes. A 180 lumen mode, a 10 lumen mode and a strobe. And its only $40 on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Streamlight-88031-Tactical-Flashlight-Batteries/dp/B00396S1Q2

David G.
1989 Volvo 240 Wagon "Da Brick" Daily driver
1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R "Hitomi" Sleeping. Waiting for NEO VVL!!
1976 BMW 2002 "Diana" The never ending project!!!

I once found a streamlight LED with the c4 bulb. That this is crazy bright (blinding actually) will hold a charge for months ( under heavy use will last a good two-three days of constant use) its also got three modes, and a strobe. I love It but they go for $150.

Another really cheap but awesome flashlight is this one: http://www.google.com/m/url?client=ms-android-verizon&devlocsession=off&ei=xNeEToCpHIKhiALmSg&gl=us&hl=en&q=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v%3De7UiuLPqTCM&source=android-browser-goto&ved=0CBYQuAIwAA&usg=AFQjCNHXOilm7SZvbxkBIKEJhgZmnmTnYQ

Ive bought two of these flashlights off eBay for like $13 with free ship from Hong Kong. And they have a zooming function ( as shown in thr video) and its got a strobe too.

I once broke down on a highway when my Honda's alternator gave out at midnight, I didn't have lights from my car as the batter was quickly drained after alt gave way.

I swore to have a strobe light in my car as then I can simply put in on my car and not sorry about cars not seeing me.

Also these lights run off aaa's so you can get those cheep.

1971- 02-Malaga -(Ginger)- 2nd owner

1973-02- chamonix (sold)

pardon any grammatical errors in my posts, im probably on my cell phone.